The Student Room Group

Equipment Checklist

Hi,

Just checking..for all exams .what is the full correct equipment list needed?

Pens (black)
Pencil
Ruler
Calculator
Eraser
Geometry set (includes compass, protractor, sharpener, anything else?)
Highlighters
Reply 1
Original post by sulaimanali
Hi,

Just checking..for all exams .what is the full correct equipment list needed?

Pens (black)
Pencil
Ruler
Calculator
Eraser
Geometry set (includes compass, protractor, sharpener, anything else?)
Highlighters

That sounds about right to me; it's everything I have in my exam pencil case :smile:
Reply 2
i dont think ur allowed to highlight in exams but just make sure you dont use them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaptErin
That sounds about right to me; it's everything I have in my exam pencil case :smile:

Awesome..!! Thanks :smile:
Original post by ksj.11
i dont think ur allowed to highlight in exams but just make sure you dont use them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah - ok! :smile: Thanks for the guidance. I was also wondering if highlighters were allowed .. my school examination booklet guidelines says they're not but my brother took them in last year in his GCSE exam and was allowed to use them.
Original post by ksj.11

Posted from TSR Mobile

Highlighters aren't allowed, likewise with blue pens, at the advantage of the examiner, just so they can be scanned easily etc in black. If highlighters are used it isn't the end of the world, it just means the examiner has to mark the copy as it is, it's sent to their house, rather than electronically - or that's how edexcel does it, anyway.
Original post by caitlinford3
Highlighters aren't allowed, likewise with blue pens, at the advantage of the examiner, just so they can be scanned easily etc in black. If highlighters are used it isn't the end of the world, it just means the examiner has to mark the copy as it is, it's sent to their house, rather than electronically - or that's how edexcel does it, anyway.

Cool.
people saying highlighters aren't allowed? is it ok to highlight the papers/questions if you dont highlight your answers?

Weve had this discussion before on TSR. Do you have anything to say blue isnt allowed, because ive always thought it was black or dark blue.
Original post by 999tigger
Weve had this discussion before on TSR. Do you have anything to say blue isnt allowed, because ive always thought it was black or dark blue.

I'm pretty sure it says 'wrote in black ink' on most papers because your papers are scanned in to be marked, you should write in black ink so it will come up properly on the computer.

But is it okay to highlight the question paper (eg highlighting quotes on an English article excerpt etc and not the actual answers)?
Reply 11

Black - see below
Original post by saladays
But is it okay to highlight the question paper (eg highlighting quotes on an English article excerpt etc and not the actual answers)?

Yes - see below

http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/information-for-candidates-documents/information-for-candidates-written-exams-2015-2016
You must:
hand in your mobile phone if you have not already done so.This is your final chance. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification;
write in black ink;
write your name exactly as it appears on the attendance register (except for CCEA examinations), centre number, candidate number and unit or component code or paper details on your answer booklet(s) and on any additional answer sheet(s) used;
fill in any other details as necessary;
do all work, including rough work, on examination stationery unless otherwise stated;
write your answers in the designated sections of the answer booklet;
neatly cross through any rough work but do not make it totally illegible, as it will be forwarded to the examiner;
do any rough work for multiple-choice papers in the question booklet.

You must not use:
correcting pens, fluid or tape;
erasable pens;
highlighter pens in your answers (although you may use them to highlight questions, words or phrases within the question paper or question/answer booklet. You may also use a highlighter pen to highlight extracts in any resource material provided);
gel pens in your answers;
blotting paper.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thatnks, that's answered it conclusively
Reply 13
Thatnks, that's answered it conclusively

Yup! :smile:
Original post by jneill
Yup! :smile:

I can't actually recall if I ever used blue. Im sure I must have.
My English teacher said we could take highlighters in to exam's to highlight quotes from the sources.
Reply 16
Original post by 2016_GCSE
My English teacher said we could take highlighters in to exam's to highlight quotes from the sources.

Post #12.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Black - see below

Yes - see below

http://www.jcq.org.uk/exams-office/information-for-candidates-documents/information-for-candidates-written-exams-2015-2016
You must:
hand in your mobile phone if you have not already done so.This is your final chance. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification;
write in black ink;
write your name exactly as it appears on the attendance register (except for CCEA examinations), centre number, candidate number and unit or component code or paper details on your answer booklet(s) and on any additional answer sheet(s) used;
fill in any other details as necessary;
do all work, including rough work, on examination stationery unless otherwise stated;
write your answers in the designated sections of the answer booklet;
neatly cross through any rough work but do not make it totally illegible, as it will be forwarded to the examiner;
do any rough work for multiple-choice papers in the question booklet.

You must not use:
correcting pens, fluid or tape;
erasable pens;
highlighter pens in your answers (although you may use them to highlight questions, words or phrases within the question paper or question/answer booklet. You may also use a highlighter pen to highlight extracts in any resource material provided);
gel pens in your answers;
blotting paper.

Thank you so much!! :smile:

It usually says on the front of the exam paper, and I see someone clarified after your comment :smile:

Quick Reply