The Student Room Group

Would you date a trans person?

Scroll to see replies

The problem with this question is it throws open a whole debate about trans people in general. I think it's weird to people and quite rightly so, like myself. You can't accept society to immediately take in all these new terms. And I think that speaking out against it is wrongly labelled hate speech and "transphobic" and no I wouldn't date a trans person as I'm a heterosexual male. As friends? Sure, why not. As lovers? No, because I strangely enough like women's genitalia, not men's unless my own count.
I don't think i could. I wouldn't know what i'd be allowed to say and what i couldn't.

It seems that there then becomes so many things you cant say because you would be sexist or trans-ist and i never want to offend anyone but id be permanently scared of saying something wrong. I could be their friend but id always have to be so careful i don't think i could relax and just say what i think so fear of getting something wrong.
@minimarshmallow

Why do you put a ' * ' next to trans ?

trans*
Original post by Tootles
Tell you what, let's put a "phobic" in there to make me look evil and non-acceptiong; accuse me of "hate speech."

hey - your words, not mine. :redface:
Definately not.
No. I just can't do that. It would be too weird and too out of my comfort zone for me. If they tell me before hand, still no.

If they tell me after being in a relationship, I probably end the relationship. Sorry, but it is weird to date a person who changed the outties but still the same on the innies. In my eyes I would be dating a butch lesbian.

I'm sorry if I come off offensive but this is sweetest and kindest way for me to put this in words.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
hey - your words, not mine. :redface:
Um, who called whom transphobic?
Original post by SmileyVibe
No. I just can't do that. It would be too weird and too out of my comfort zone for me. If they tell me before hand, still no.

If they tell me after being in a relationship, I probably end the relationship. Sorry, but it is weird to date a person who changed the outties but still the same on the innies. In my eyes I would be dating a butch lesbian.

I'm sorry if I come off offensive but this is sweetest and kindest way for me to put this in words.

I agree
Original post by Jonsmith98
Smallville? are you describing your brain? Being trans is not a mental illness, its not even recognized as a illness by any reasonably scientific study.

well its sure not normal
Smallville? are you describing your brain? Being trans is not a mental illness, its not even recognized as a illness by any reasonably scientific study.

Isn't it gender identity disorder?
Reply 90
I don't think I could, I like cock too much. Although I do have some beautiful, brave, smart trans friends who have my eternal support.
Original post by Tootles
Um, who called whom transphobic?

i'm talking about the "evil, hate speech" part of your reply.
if you don't want to be called transphobic, don't heavily imply feelings of transphobia in your replies. i did say it's perfectly fine to have your own preferences and only you can decide what you do/do not want in a partner, but "actual certified women-bits" is just rude and degrades transwomen, because you're implying that just because they were born with a body that does not align with their gender, they're less women than cisgenders. this derogatory tone is transphobic.

you could very easily have got your message across about only being sexually attracted to cisgender females without having to imply that transgender women are less "women" to you. people are not their genitals lol
Original post by lolakirk
What if you have children with your husband and then get divorced. Would you date a trans person then?

You do realize that transgender females do not produce sperm right?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SmileyVibe
Isn't it gender identity disorder?

Lol SmileyVibe got shot down!
Original post by tanyapotter
"actual certified women-bits" is just rude and degrades transwomen, because you're implying that just because they were born with a body that does not align with their gender, they're less women than cisgenders. this derogatory tone is transphobic.

Transgender males are more male than female. Allow me to explain that. The meaning of genuine is real, not fake, not superficial, or artificial. Transgender males do not process genuine female assets. A male going under the knife to get a wound as a vagina and getting silicon to get the appearance of boobs are not genuine woman assets.

Transgender males are less than females. Am I saying they're less humans or sub humans or their lives are worthless? No. It just means they are more male than they are female or womanly. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say :redface:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by smallville987
Lol SmileyVibe got shot down!

By who? :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by minimarshmallow
But his specification of a genetic female doesn't make that distinction.

No... he said he wants kids (as do I). No trans female can ever have biological kids. So by saying you want kids (excluding adoptions), you're ruling out every transsexual.

I really don't understand why you're attempting to make this so difficult. Some people simply aren't attracted to it. Instead of projecting your feelings upon everyone else like you seem to have been doing, perhaps be more understanding that not everyone is like you. You know that there's a clear difference between someone born of either sex. Stating rare cases where someone has 3 chromosomes doesn't change that.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Gender-dysphoria/Pages/Introduction.aspx

In America it was officially an illness, classed as a sexual disorder. It was then "moved to its own catergory" because tumblr and feminists got upset. Not sure about in England.

What I don't understand is why calling it an illness is a bad thing. Clearly it's not the way we were intended to be or we'd die out. And in most cases it causes emotional distress. Transexuals have significantly higher suicide rates. People are quick to say it's not an illness because animals do it so it's natural. You know what else some animals take part in? Cannibalism and rape ( a lot of time it's inter species rape too. I found out Seals do this a few days ago). I don't think observing wildlife behaviour is the best basis for an argument lol.

Someone calling it an illness shouldn't be viewed as an insult.

Should it be debated? Yes. It's still not fully understood. But just saying it may be an illness doesn't mean you're calling them subhuman. That's like saying calling someone with a flu ill is calling them subhuman too.
(edited 7 years ago)
No. I want a real woman and then I want real children.
Reply 98
I don't know, we'll see what happens

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ivybridge
I don't think I'd mind at all really. Although it might be difficult in the bedroom department...

why?

Quick Reply

Latest