The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Physics Unit 1 2016

Anyone got any predictions for this years exam?
No, but I really wish there were!! I supposed it's quite hard to predict, cos it's a new spec. 🙄
Reply 2
Original post by Skipper12345
No, but I really wish there were!! I supposed it's quite hard to predict, cos it's a new spec. 🙄

Ohh I'm resitting I was referring to the old spec
Original post by Mya_
Ohh I'm resitting I was referring to the old spec

Oh! ☺️Well good luck!!!
define laminar/turbulant flow :wink: seems to come up in every past exam lol
Reply 5
How did everyone find that exam? I personally thought it was a nice exam especially compared to last year
I thought it went okay. Did you get Radius of bubble to be 2.41x10^-4 m? And the W.D by the child to be 127.06J?
Reply 7
Yh I think i got that same value for the radius as you had to use the volume. For the work done i got 126J because i think the area of the graph used has to be between 3cm and 9cm as the question said that the spring is already compressed 3cm and then the child compresses it a 'further' 6cm.
Reply 8
other than those two and the moon rocks spring adjustment question, i think it was a relatively straightforward paper.
I know. I used the spring constant of 35294Nm-1 or something like that. And W.D=Fs so W.D=k(change in x)^2. Change in x =0.06m. So that came out to be W.D=127.06J
(edited 7 years ago)
I did that at first also but since the question specified to use the graph and it was 3 marks (I assume one mark will be for drawing lines on the graph) so I also worked it out from the area under the curve which gave me 126
Okay. What did you say for the Moon one? What did you say you could do to make it work on Earth (with the same spring)?
I said use 1/6th of the sample of the mass of rock
No idea if that's right though
What did they actually want? Was it to try to make it work on Earth. Because I said use 1/6th of the extension and keep the spring constant the same, but i have no idea either.
Original post by HoneyBaja
How did everyone find that exam? I personally thought it was a nice exam especially compared to last year

three paper was really tough..
even then im not gonna lose hope...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending