The Student Room Group

Why am I not more stressed out??

It's worrying me how not stressed I am for GCSEs. Literally everyone I know is freaking out and cramming and stressed to the max, but I'm just sitting here chilled out even though my biology exam is in one day.

Am I the only one who isn't panicking? Or are there other people like this?

(I do feel a bit nervous when I think about my hellish second week of exams though...)
Original post by rheaj44
it's worrying me how not stressed i am for gcses. Literally everyone i know is freaking out and cramming and stressed to the max, but i'm just sitting here chilled out even though my biology exam is in one day.

Am i the only one who isn't panicking? Or are there other people like this?

(i do feel a bit nervous when i think about my hellish second week of exams though...)

--
(edited 6 years ago)
You can coast for the entirety of your GCSEs and get good grades. Seriously, you'll be fine. It takes a special kind of window-licking, crayon-eating retard to screw up GCSEs.
Reply 3
Original post by Jonathan Crane
You can coast for the entirety of your GCSEs and get good grades. Seriously, you'll be fine. It takes a special kind of window-licking, crayon-eating retard to screw up GCSEs.

😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by LaibaTrq
same i dunno why i am so calm when i have so much revision to do

Good to know someone else is on the same page :tongue: And yep same, literally have everything left to revise lol
Reply 5

Aha thanks, glad to know I'm not just underreacting :smile:
Original post by rheaj44
It's worrying me how not stressed I am for GCSEs. Literally everyone I know is freaking out and cramming and stressed to the max, but I'm just sitting here chilled out even though my biology exam is in one day.

Am I the only one who isn't panicking? Or are there other people like this?

(I do feel a bit nervous when I think about my hellish second week of exams though...)

I know for a fact that people act in different ways in the same situation. Take me and my bestfriends for example. My friend and I both want to be doctors and i have a feeling she will be because shes always revising, there isnt nothing she doesnt know. Then theirs me and my other best friend who want to do well but just dont prepare as much. I honstly think freaking out doesnt help which my other friend seems to do alot of i think its a way of them to motivate themselves to do well but i always find that just stresses me out more. As for your example im guessing its core biology because in my school the year 10s are sitting that and i honstly can say that it is one of the easiest tests you can do, easier than further and additional so i can kinda understand why you arent stressimg as much. I mean these exams are not that important to you right??
Reply 7
Me too, and I'm doing a-levels. But a few months ago I was thinking that a capital letter won't make me happy, when I'm on my death bed I won't be "ahh remember the time I got a B in a-level biology, so happy I put myself through two years of misery and sleepless nights".
As long as you get your maths, English and science you'll be set for life, and if you don't it's not the end of the road. So much out there that's better and no grades are required.
Reply 8
Original post by Sabah Ashraf
I know for a fact that people act in different ways in the same situation. Take me and my bestfriends for example. My friend and I both want to be doctors and i have a feeling she will be because shes always revising, there isnt nothing she doesnt know. Then theirs me and my other best friend who want to do well but just dont prepare as much. I honstly think freaking out doesnt help which my other friend seems to do alot of i think its a way of them to motivate themselves to do well but i always find that just stresses me out more. As for your example im guessing its core biology because in my school the year 10s are sitting that and i honstly can say that it is one of the easiest tests you can do, easier than further and additional so i can kinda understand why you arent stressimg as much. I mean these exams are not that important to you right??

Yeah, biology unit one. And I guess science is my best subject so I'm just not that fussed for it. I guess not stressing has it's advantages :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Adores
Me too, and I'm doing a-levels. But a few months ago I was thinking that a capital letter won't make me happy, when I'm on my death bed I won't be "ahh remember the time I got a B in a-level biology, so happy I put myself through two years of misery and sleepless nights".
As long as you get your maths, English and science you'll be set for life, and if you don't it's not the end of the road. So much out there that's better and no grades are required.

Very true, I'm pretty sure I can get the grades to get into my sixth form and that's all that matters really.

Good luck with a levels :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by rheaj44
Very true, I'm pretty sure I can get the grades to get into my sixth form and that's all that matters really.

Good luck with a levels :smile:

Good luck to you too
How much stuff do you have left to revise?? i haven't done any p1 or geography and only half c1 and got 3 poems left am i really that behind?? :afraid: Oh and good luck btw aha
Original post by rheaj44
Yeah, biology unit one. And I guess science is my best subject so I'm just not that fussed for it. I guess not stressing has it's advantages :smile:

Of course and good luck tommorow and if you do start worrying in the exam do what my english teacher said to do which is close your eyes and breathe nice and slow and imagine your in the classroom that is the subject of your exam and imagime what the teacher would be saying to you. In my case it was SLOW DOWN in block capitals which she wrote on the board before the exam 😂😂👍👍GOOD luck !!
Reply 13
Original post by ryanross
How much stuff do you have left to revise?? i haven't done any p1 or geography and only half c1 and got 3 poems left am i really that behind?? :afraid: Oh and good luck btw aha

Lol I have so much revision left to do - more than you, don't worry! Literally planning on revising the night before...oops :colondollar:

Thanks, and good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Sabah Ashraf
Of course and good luck tommorow and if you do start worrying in the exam do what my english teacher said to do which is close your eyes and breathe nice and slow and imagine your in the classroom that is the subject of your exam and imagime what the teacher would be saying to you. In my case it was SLOW DOWN in block capitals which she wrote on the board before the exam 😂😂👍👍GOOD luck !!

Good luck to you!! I'm sure you can become a doctor :smile:)
I have hardly done any revision, I keep changing from being overly confident one minute to really worried the next but I am not really stressing.

Quick Reply

Latest