The Student Room Group

Man Utd Vs Bournemouth called off due to security alert

Scroll to see replies

Seems as though it's been well-handled. Eminently sensible not to take any risks
Greater Manchester Police described the device as "incredibly lifelike" but later confirmed it "wasn't viable".

Better safe than sorry.
You do have to wonder what idiots think it's a good idea to construct these fake devices.
To be honest, even though it was a fake, the police and Manchester United handled it really well. :colonhash:
Original post by Tempest II
You do have to wonder what idiots think it's a good idea to construct these fake devices.

Gamblers and bookmakers
''It was just a prank bro''
Original post by Tempest II

If it was directly terror related, then when you think about it, it was a genius idea.

If it was just some prankster, a terrible idea.
Police saying it was a device used in a training exercise that someone forgot to remove.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36297390

Bit of a massive **** up.
Original post by neal95
probably bloody terrorists trying to ruin our game. its what happens when you pursue the multicultural european union dream

It was a package left over from a training exercise carried out by a private firm.
As you were...
Original post by Bornblue
It was a package left over from a training exercise carried out by a private firm.
As you were...

as later news has revealed. it was a reasonable assumption to make. the euros are coming up, they will try something. the eu is still authoritarian and undemocratic
Original post by neal95
as later news has revealed. it was a reasonable assumption to make. the euros are coming up, they will try something. the eu is still authoritarian and undemocratic

Perhaps we should have waited until all the facts were available rather than rushing to attribute responsibility?

I'm not really sure what this has to do with the EU and even less so it's democratic deficit but I suppose the Brexit campaign will find a way of blaming the EU for near enough anything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Perhaps we should have waited until all the facts were available rather than rushing to attribute responsibility?

tell your lefty mates in the politics thread to adhere to that logic when discussing the "evil tories".
Original post by Can'tHandleTruth
No doubt from the religion of peace

Yeah no doubt that the training exercise by a private firm which accidentally left behind a fake device was all some Islamic conspiracy...
Original post by neal95
tell your lefty mates in the politics thread to adhere to that logic when discussing the "evil tories".

What?
Erm, what?
Before any facts were available you jumped to attribute whatever it was to the multicultural terrorist loving EU or something.
What that has to do with 'evil Tories' or my 'lefty mates' I'm not so sure.
Reply 35
Basically, someone was incompetent. Probably the police.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What?
Erm, what?
Before any facts were available you jumped to attribute whatever it was to the multicultural terrorist loving EU or something.
What that has to do with 'evil Tories' or my 'lefty mates' I'm not so sure.

listen you have tunnel vision dont you. its reasonable from the facts to deduce that it could have been an act of islamic terrorism. im going to simplify this for you. because many people on the left wing of the political spectrum have this opinion of the tories in their minds, they jump to conclusions, such as "the tories are going to tighten up on benefits claimants". seeing as this has happened, wouldnt it be a reasonable assumption to make of their future conduct? I am not blindly loyal. i look at the facts, and the history behind those facts, and use this to reach my conclusion.
Original post by Katty3
Basically, someone was incompetent. Probably the police.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It sounds like it was a private company who cocked up with a fake device designed to test out sniffer dogs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending