The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA paper 1- revision

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurenloops
In evaluations, do we have to have at least one positive and one negative, or can they be all either positive or negative? Because for some of my revision notes, i've only been learning negatives and it's only just occurred to me :/ Like for Zimbardo, could I just use 3 in-depth evaluation points about how there could have been demand characteristics, bad ethics and Reicher and Haslam finding opposite findings (Obviously putting much more detail than that) and it would be enough to get high marks? Or do i need at least one advantage point as well?

No, evaluations are usually a critique of the study.
They can be positive or negative, but more often than not, negative. It links in with falsifying (trying to prove things wrong).
Original post by Findlay6
Social roles
generalise
controlled observation
variables
ecological validity
unethical
observer bias.

Look at a mark scheme. You won't get higher than 6 marks if you don't include technical or psychological language.
I'm a teacher, trust me :wink:

Oh I get you, I would have included most of those but that was just simplified. Most evaluation points can get away with saying 'cannot be generalised to general population'' or 'lacks ecological validity' and considering most studies we use have near enough the same points they are fairly easy to remember

if anyone struggles to remember try using Loopa's method GRENADE
Original post by not_lucas1
Oh I get you, I would have included most of those but that was just simplified. Most evaluation points can get away with saying 'cannot be generalised to general population'' or 'lacks ecological validity' and considering most studies we use have near enough the same points they are fairly easy to remember

if anyone struggles to remember try using Loopa's method GRENADE

I'm aware of how to evaluate, I teach it.

If you'e going to help other students, be thorough - it'll secure your understanding too.
Original post by Findlay6
I'm aware of how to evaluate, I teach it.

If you'e going to help other students, be thorough - it'll secure your understanding too.

that right there is one savage reply
Anybody else think paper 2 seems much easier than paper 1 in regards to topics?

Paper 2 is harder to be honest but the biopsychology of it is pretty simple as we must have learnt all that at GCSE.
can someone sum up the sign test - the steps on how to do it

Sign Test:

Savage, but at least I'm trying to help :wink:
5.jpg
Won't the sign test come up in Paper 2?
Original post by the.chantele

i was told earlier that paper 2 has a section dedicated to research methods but it can come up in paper 1
Original post by the.chantele

Yes.
Research methods will appear mostly in paper 2, but it can crop up in paper 1 too.
Original post by goal101
Are these all likely to come up? For Tomorrow's paper ??
The 12 marker being on types of LTM ?
What's SS? Sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are predictions yes and types of LTM could be a 12 marker or just a smaller question. SS=strange situation
when they say extended writing, does that include 6 and 8 mark questions or just 12 marks?
Original post by bakersman110
is that 80% on both papers or 80% overall

Both papers
when they say extended writing, does that include 6 and 8 mark questions or just 12 marks?

12 markers I think
But your 6/8 markers need to be detailed,, logical and coherent
Original post by rajneetk
Both papers

My psychology teacher has always marked 90% as being the minimum for an A? I hope it is 80!
Original post by Emilypickett
My psychology teacher has always marked 90% as being the minimum for an A? I hope it is 80!

90 is harsh wow lol
Depends on what everyone gets nationally.
If we got 'describe and evaluate research into caregiver-infant interactions' what would you put?
Reply 136
Original post by electrahearts
If we got 'describe and evaluate research into caregiver-infant interactions' what would you put?

talk about reciprocity and interactional synchrony

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electrahearts

Reciprocity, interactional synchrony meltzoff and moore study.

Behaviour due to Operant C and failure to replicate reducing reliability
Original post by hunhan
talk about reciprocity and interactional synchrony

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Reciprocity, interactional synchrony meltzoff and moore study.

Behaviour due to Operant C and failure to replicate reducing reliability

thanks! :biggrin:
This was really really helpful!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending