The Student Room Group

sociology aqa as retake exam may 17th 2016 predictions?!

Anyone have any predictions plsssss

Scroll to see replies

Lots of people are thinking that the 24 markers will be on family diversity or demography
Reply 2
Original post by ambersawyer98
Lots of people are thinking that the 24 markers will be on family diversity or demography

thank you!!
Reply 3

The last time family diversity came up was January 2013, so it is possible. I have a feeling feminism or demography will come up
feminism would be a great question! but if demography comes up I am screwed
Reply 5
Original post by Lillah
The last time family diversity came up was January 2013, so it is possible. I have a feeling feminism or demography will come up

feminism is so broad tho :frown: like they could say anything! and demography would screw me over
Reply 6
Original post by Mmmbbb
feminism is so broad tho :frown: like they could say anything! and demography would screw me over

If feminism were to come up I think it'd probably be on their view of changes to family patterns or maybe divorce? Although changes to family patterns did come up in 2014 so I'm not sure..

If it helps I've written out whats come up over the years so you can make your own predictions from that (24 markers only)

Jan 2013: Marxist role of the family // Family diversity
June 2013: The division of labour // Functionalist contributions to society
June 2014: Changing patterns of marriage and divorce // ageing population
June 2015: Social policies // childhood
Here's a few more from previous years!

Jan 2010 - family diversity // roles and relationships within the family
May 2010 - demography // roles and relationships within the family
Jan 2011 - changing family patterns // childhood
Jan 2012 - family diversity // social policy
June 2012 - childhood // family diversity
Reply 8
Here's a few more from previous years!

Jan 2010 - family diversity // roles and relationships within the family
May 2010 - demography // roles and relationships within the family
Jan 2011 - changing family patterns // childhood
Jan 2012 - family diversity // social policy
June 2012 - childhood // family diversity

roles and relationships came up twice in the same year? I'm so screwed if childhood comes up again
Reply 9
Original post by Lillah
roles and relationships came up twice in the same year? I'm so screwed if childhood comes up again

omg no way! sociology is so broad so many topics within topics! im screwed for the exam in general
basically I was told there's a good chance that Marxism and the domestic division of labour topics could come up as 24 markers but I have a feeling there will be a question on demography as it's rare or possibly family diversity as its so common .
Reply 11
Original post by Amymorican
basically I was told there's a good chance that Marxism and the domestic division of labour topics could come up as 24 markers but I have a feeling there will be a question on demography as it's rare or possibly family diversity as its so common .

someone pls teach me how to revise
Original post by Mmmbbb
someone pls teach me how to revise

If you're desperate for revision resources there's loads on getrevising just sign up
Reply 13
Original post by Amymorican
If you're desperate for revision resources there's loads on getrevising just sign up

yeah i have but my problem is that theres literally so much content and i feel like i cannot learn it all
Original post by Mmmbbb
yeah i have but my problem is that theres literally so much content and i feel like i cannot learn it all

That's how I feel too, try creating a mind map on each topic and colour coordinating it or writing down key concepts/sociologists and dates on revision cards, even getting somebody to test you really helps or teaching a topic to a family member
Reply 15
Original post by Mmmbbb

What have you revised so far? If you're stuck for time with topics just go over what everyone is suggesting will come up
Reply 16
Original post by Lillah
What have you revised so far? If you're stuck for time with topics just go over what everyone is suggesting will come up

i've gone over everything but nothing in proper detail :frown:
Original post by Mmmbbb
i've gone over everything but nothing in proper detail :frown:

Keep reading over trends and really concentrating on memorising them , write down as many as you can remember for each topic and then look back and focus on the ones you missed
How would I structure an essay on feminism on divorce patters or family patterns?
How did everyone find the exam?
I thought that it was ok, was kinda looking forward to a demography question?

And then the 24 markers were worded a bit weirdly? Did anyone else find the same?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending