The Student Room Group

2016 Edexcel Economics A: Paper 1 Intro To Markets And Market Failure (May 16th)

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else feel that that the 15 marker was pretty bad....
Original post by Thattoryboy
Anyone else feel that that the 15 marker was pretty bad....

10 marker , 15 marker , 20 marker , even the 1 marker . Never felt so defeated after an exam
What did you guys write for the 20 marker and which part did you choose?
Original post by rosemondtan
What did you guys write for the 20 marker and which part did you choose?

I chose the second one and i wrote that the defences were public goods? And i tried to evaluate the time and the cost
I found the 4 mark calculation hard aswell
The 15 mark question threw me off
yh i talked about defence being a public good... did u draw the possitive externalities diagram with that? such as the houses protected etc.
yh i didnt do too well in the 15 and 20
What did people get for 4 marker calculation in section B?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the first one and talked about influences on the housing market such as a rise in revenue and evaluated with ideas about opportunity cost and negative externalities. Then evaluated this with revenue rising, assuming all other things being equal could lead to reinvestment for more productively efficient capital. Etc
Reply 130
For the percentage change calculation, I got 23.333%.
Original post by Willnewman234
What did people get for 4 marker calculation in section B?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Something like 23.3%?
I did the first one and talked about consumer surplus, possible price increase, credit worthiness, equality, productivity, then I mentioned how the government could fail
I think I also wrote about the regressive impacts on the renting market but I don't know if it was relevant :/
Anybody else think the section A was harder than expected. Wasn't expecting them to ask about the functions of money
Wanted to drown myself in Lake Naivasha after that exam
Original post by BadundeBrian
Something like 23.3%?

I got 25% however that's probably due to rounding

Posted from TSR Mobile
For 6(f) I wrote about how government intervention in the housing market could increase prices, increase consumer surplus, increase equality, increase productivity of workers as they are more motivated to work harder to save for a mortgage, decrease foreign buying, and mentioned how the government could fail because of administrative costs, opportunity cost, the sustainability of providing subsidies, and another point I don't remember.
Original post by _cryinglightning
I got 25% however that's probably due to rounding

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same
Yess!! The money qu i had no idea what to write. And the lake one i wasnt sure either

Quick Reply

Latest