The Student Room Group

Pearson (Edexcel) Unit 7 ICT A2 Access Exam

Scroll to see replies

There will be a voting form you'd have to make in the exam.
TAbles.pngHello, I start the exam this week and as wondering if I have thought of everything when I was creating a mock-up database. Please message me with any ideas that you have in response to these tables, thank you.
Original post by Mr.Mesterdoodle
TAbles.pngHello, I start the exam this week and as wondering if I have thought of everything when I was creating a mock-up database. Please message me with any ideas that you have in response to these tables, thank you.

I only had 5 tables. I didn't have a results table
Original post by Hannah139
I only had 5 tables. I didn't have a results table

Well I think that you would use the results able as a method of recording votes, and as this is for a competition I believe that they would want some way to review the votes.
Well I think that you would use the results able as a method of recording votes, and as this is for a competition I believe that they would want some way to review the votes.

The votes table is used to record votes
The votes table is used to record votes

Votes/Results are the same thing with different names more or less so it would make no difference.
Votes/Results are the same thing with different names more or less so it would make no difference.

so why have it as two separate tables
so why have it as two separate tables

I don't though, what do you mean?
I don't though, what do you mean?

that was my bad I thought you had votes and results in your mock database. You don't need the actmember table trustme
that was my bad I thought you had votes and results in your mock database. You don't need the actmember table trustme

Why?
Why?

because it would all go in the act table. there is no need for an act member table
because it would all go in the act table. there is no need for an act member table

Well I though that you would want to have the table so that you would be able to print the certificates for each student in a act, so having them in the same table could allow duplicate data to be introduced into the database.

ActMember.jpg

Here is what I have in my tables, would like to know that you think.

Thank.
Well I though that you would want to have the table so that you would be able to print the certificates for each student in a act, so having them in the same table could allow duplicate data to be introduced into the database.

ActMember.jpg

Here is what I have in my tables, would like to know that you think.

Thank.

It's not that in depth that u need certificates for every act member. The stuff in your tables seems good, I can't necessarily tell you what is exactly in the data file publicly because that would be unfair but your not far off.
It's not that in depth that u need certificates for every act member. The stuff in your tables seems good, I can't necessarily tell you what is exactly in the data file publicly because that would be unfair but your not far off.

Sweet, thanks for you help.
Just sat my first session, has any one got any opinions on Activity 1 (a) ?
Original post by Charlie272011
Just sat my first session, has any one got any opinions on Activity 1 (a) ?

I was so confused about it that I left it and just went on to the rest of the paper.
I was so confused about it that I left it and just went on to the rest of the paper.

I wrote down an answer for label 2 and 3 but not 1.

No Idea if they are correct! what about (b) ?
Original post by Charlie272011
I wrote down an answer for label 2 and 3 but not 1.

No Idea if they are correct! what about (b) ?

I didn't write anything. Me and my peers made a plan to go activity 1 last because it is worth the least amount of marks so it is minor if it isnt done.
I didn't write anything. Me and my peers made a plan to go activity 1 last because it is worth the least amount of marks so it is minor if it isnt done.

Alright cheers

I have taken the first part of the exam today and that seems about right tbf. the only thing I would do differently in my mock up is that for each of the registering forms I have a append query and a macro that runs the query, and on the form I have linked a button up to the macro. Obvs the macro checks that every field has something in on the form then runs the macro.
Hope this helps. :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending