The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kgothatso
Aye I don't know what you guys are talking about AQA ECON 1 multiple choice was the best!

It was a mixture of 2015 and 2013 multiple choice. But didn't have time for the 25 marker :/ if I had time could have gotten 24/25 and this is coming from someone who got an E last year.

Did you do any of the 25 marker or none at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zwatkins66
Which context did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Context 1.
Reply 122
Multiple choice was ridiculously easy as it was a mixture of old papers so Im guessing high grade boundaries.

Do you remember any of your answers?
Original post by SANTR
Predictions on the grade boundary, paper is out of 70?

69% for a C
Reply 124
Context 1.

What did you write about in the 10 marker?
Original post by zwatkins66
Did you do any of the 25 marker or none at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did context 1 but only wrong intro/definition para 1 eval 1 then conclusion :frown:
Original post by SANTR
What did you write about in the 10 marker?

10 marker?
Reply 127
10 marker?

'Competitive market..'
I did context 2, since Cigarettes are easier to talk about and no I'm not a smoker lol.
Original post by SANTR
'Competitive market..'

Oh I did old spec.
There is no 10 marker.
5 marker
8 marker
12 marker
25 marker.
Oh I did old spec.
There is no 10 marker.
5 marker
8 marker
12 marker
25 marker.

I did the old spec too. Which context did you choose and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aye I don't know what you guys are talking about AQA ECON 1 multiple choice was the best!

It was a mixture of 2015 and 2013 multiple choice. But didn't have time for the 25 marker :/ if I had time could have gotten 24/25 and this is coming from someone who got an E last year.

I found it hard tbh. Do you remember any of the questions and answers? What context did you do??
Hope you get the result you want.

Just realised that I left my bottle of flavoured water in the exam room. It was full as well. I wonder if it will still be there when I have an exam at 2.
Easiest exam ever, about 60% of the multiple choice were repeated, if you done the multiple choice from 2005 you would have nailed it

Posted from TSR Mobile
I liked the new spec exam, context A was nice and easy, with a simple market vs government 25 marker, and the 10 marker on perfect competition, liked it overall. What did you guys get for the maths question in context A btw I got 1751 homeless people or around there.
Reply 134
Original post by cutelady
Easiest exam ever, about 60% of the multiple choice were repeated, if you done the multiple choice from 2005 you would have nailed it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which one of the four did you select for the question about monopoly and something along the lines of 4000 units produced etc?
Also, for the costs of production one as in the market output is OX, what should the firm do?
Original post by SANTR
Which one of the four did you select for the question about monopoly and something along the lines of 4000 units produced etc?
Also, for the costs of production one as in the market output is OX, what should the firm do?

400,000 units produced was C as A and B showed diseconomies of scale and D showed the same average cost all the way through, C was the only one who went down after the 50000 mark. I cant seem to remember the costs of production one though.
Original post by SANTR

I'm talking about THE OLD spec

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naomi288
I did the old spec too. Which context did you choose and how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Context 1. Found it easy but didn't get to finish 25 marker.
Reply 138
Original post by Desert_fox15
400,000 units produced was C as A and B showed diseconomies of scale and D showed the same average cost all the way through, C was the only one who went down after the 50000 mark. I cant seem to remember the costs of production one though.

So the LRAC curve which was downwards sloping?
Original post by SANTR
So the LRAC curve which was downwards sloping?

Was that the one where you had a choice of four curves. D was just a straight line. I put C. Can't really remember anything else. If you know what question im talking about, what did you put?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending