The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thelion786
What did you put?

What did everyone put for the excess supply question

I said that excess supply will lead to producers reducing the price until Qd=Qs and an equilibrium is reached and then some other waffle.
Original post by 260498
What did people put for the demand and supply one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I moved the supply curve to the left, as an indirect tax can act as an increase in the costs of production, which would increase the price and reduce the quantity demanded? I said this is dependant on the tax and elasticity.
Reply 142
I moved the supply curve to the left, as an indirect tax can act as an increase in the costs of production, which would increase the price and reduce the quantity demanded? I said this is dependant on the tax and elasticity.

I shifted both😥😣

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jjing
think it's supposed to be PPC curve shifting inwards... idk rly

Oh damn yeah I didn't think of that, that must be correct.
Reply 144
Can someone make like an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 260498
I shifted both😥😣

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure you'll still get the marks!
Original post by 260498
Can someone make like an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can create a google docs document, people can help recall the questions and add to them, and then we can post it?
Reply 147
I can create a google docs document, people can help recall the questions and add to them, and then we can post it?

Yes please, I'm just trying to remember the questions, how did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 260498
Yes please, I'm just trying to remember the questions, how did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll create it now and message you. It was really difficult, I'm struggling to see how I could've done. I don't even know if the content I mentioned was correct :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 149
I'll create it now and message you. It was really difficult, I'm struggling to see how I could've done. I don't even know if the content I mentioned was correct :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm about to binge eat some chocolate and get revising on S3

Posted from TSR Mobile
people started to muck around on the mark scheme so I had to disable the sharing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 151
https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K6g3CkcVf0wVx0WZycySx3sK7yWAn8vpSQmZ5gmQxY/edit?usp=sharing

There's the link. Come help me remember the questions and add what you think you got.

Mine won't let me open it on my phone so as soon as I get home I'll add to it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 152
Just asked for permission to have a look and contribute- freaking out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, so there's loads of people that are trying to access the document. For now, please can the people that would like to help us up vote or click on the link and request to edit/view the document and I will accept you. Will publish the mark scheme later in the day.
Reply 154
Just asked for permission to have a look and contribute- freaking out

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody else made the absolute unbelievable mistake of thinking that domestic fuel refers to cars when it actually just refers to gas and electric? I think I've had an absolute belter of an 18 marker, but the excess supply 4 marker as well as my consistent reference of cars polluting in almost all of the 18 marks worth of questions about domestic fuel have screwed me there. Absolutely unbelievable, I'm totally gutted.
Dang i thought the capital good will shift to consumer good cus i assume consumer good to be services and all that shiet :'( now everyone shifts the curve inward. I didnt even have a chance to labor tha axises cus they've already done it omg :'( and guys in the information failure question, can i say that fuel is a demerit good so pollution of emission fron burning fuel is cause by information failure
oh dear
I had no idea what to write for the excess supply in a competitive market question, I just waffled on and on about whatever, but the rest of it was pretty good I think
q1: define market mechanism.
q2: What happens in the a market when there is excess supply.
q3: Using a demand and supply diagram, explain the effect of a a indirect tax.
q4: What is the equation for YED.
q5: Calculate YED in 2011.
q6: comment on the relative significance of income and price in determining quantity demanded.
q7: Explain what PPC shows.
q8: Show how the use of unrenewable fuels within the economy effects the PPC curve.
q9: What is meant by a negative externality.
q10: explain 2 negative externalities arising from consumption of domestic fuels.
q11: Comment the extent to which information failure causes the market failure.
q12: Discuss whether the use of pollution permits such as the cap and trade will be an effective solution to the negative externalities that arise.

Not exact!!
Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending