The Student Room Group

Laptop for Digital Media

Hi,
Going to ask the long debated question! Apple or PC?

I am going to UWE in September to study Digital Media, I currently have a HP Envy and have been wondering if I might need an Apple device?

I know at the uni they have both in the computer suites, so that hasn't really helped solve my problem.

I will be doing a lot of Web Design/Development and some Animation. Course work along those lines.

Any opinions and experiences would be much appreciated!

Thank you !!
Original post by A1M33H
Hi,
Going to ask the long debated question! Apple or PC?

I am going to UWE in September to study Digital Media, I currently have a HP Envy and have been wondering if I might need an Apple device?

I know at the uni they have both in the computer suites, so that hasn't really helped solve my problem.

I will be doing a lot of Web Design/Development and some Animation. Course work along those lines.

Any opinions and experiences would be much appreciated!

Thank you !!

Hi A1M33H!

I am an animation student at Ravensbourne, tt is not necessary to a have an apple device, but if you feel that you may work better or more efficiently on one, it could be worth looking into. As you will only be the only really working on your laptop whatever you feel comfortable with will do.

You could also contact the course you are on and look into their recommendations too. A lot of students at Ravensbourne in the past had apple laptops, however found that lately PC has been making a comeback. I would also recommend a laptop with high CPU and ram if you are going to be working on lots of software.

Hope this helps!
Jay :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi A1M33H!

I am an animation student at Ravensbourne, tt is not necessary to a have an apple device, but if you feel that you may work better or more efficiently on one, it could be worth looking into. As you will only be the only really working on your laptop whatever you feel comfortable with will do.

You could also contact the course you are on and look into their recommendations too. A lot of students at Ravensbourne in the past had apple laptops, however found that lately PC has been making a comeback. I would also recommend a laptop with high CPU and ram if you are going to be working on lots of software.

Hope this helps!
Jay :biggrin:

Hi Jay,

Thanks so much for replying. That's helpful advice !

Quick Reply

Latest