The Student Room Group

AS Official Economics A Unit 1: Introduction to markets and market failure - 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Azim101
i put RSTY

i can't remember but was that just the coordinates for the top rectangle in the diagram?
Also, an easy q uestion ever both points X and Y were (Productively efficient) option D
Original post by Kkpolice
Also, an easy q uestion ever both points X and Y were (Productively efficient) option D

yeah haha, and how many marks do you think I Will get for the 25 marker for s strong intro, a strong pet and a general eval on regulation +application
general point general eval on a minimum price +some application
and a weak argumenr on free marker and a weak evaluation
a good conclusion?
Original post by Azim101
yeah haha, and how many marks do you think I Will get for the 25 marker for s strong intro, a strong pet and a general eval on regulation +application
general point general eval on a minimum price +some application
and a weak argumenr on free marker and a weak evaluation
a good conclusion?

AQA Context 2 or Context 1?
To be honest i dont know, my school were very well prepared for this year. We had been giveb clear methods of writing answers and the context 2 In the AQA was somthin we have done plenty a times before.

If i were to estimate grade boundiresd( i know i cant predict it) however if you were to look at certain factors. Ie first year, schools not fully prepared, government under pressure to reduce gradeflation but also inprove the general national skills set.

I would presume
A- 62 capped off at about 66/7 for 100UMS
B-56
The rest of the grade would be a linear gap of 6 marks so you do the rest.
(edited 7 years ago)
2 :smile:
Original post by Caius Filimon
AQA Context 2 or Context 1?
Reply 66
To be honest i dont know, my school were very well prepared for this year. We had been giveb clear methods of writing answers and the context 2 In the AQA was somthin we have done plenty a times before.

If i were to estimate grade boundiresd( i know i cant predict it) however if you were to look at certain factors. Ie first year, schools not fully prepared, government under pressure to reduce gradeflation but also inprove the general national skills set.

I would presume
A- 52 capped off at about 56/7 for 100UMS
B-46

It will be at least 57/58 out of 70 for 80 ums, which is an A. 100 ums will be 63/70 imo.

I would presume
A- 62 capped off at about 66/7 for 100UMS
B-56

Do you really think the exam to have been so easy? Most A grade boundaries are 58 almost constantly every year for AQA. It's a range of 56-60 for the past few years I think.
Yeah yeah i know my mistake put a five infront instead of a 6 :/
What do you think is needed for a C & forgot to shade in the box for which context I did (no. 2) so would it still get marked
Yeah yeah i know my mistake put a five infront instead of a 6 :/

That would mean the A grade boundary would be lower than the B grade boundary.
Original post by jstudent1012
What do you think is needed for a C & forgot to shade in the box for which context I did (no. 2) so would it still get marked

47 or so I would think.
Do remeber every other year the exam was out of 75 marks, this year out of 70 therfore the skew of marks would be positive. Thefore the Grade a boundry could vary and fluctuate between 52-62 the confidence interval would be large, as it anyones game. As i stated, most schools are not prepared, theres uncertainty about exam structure, the gov have to look good ' The new exams have to be reflective of increasing standards', the Exam boards do not have historical data to go by, so tbey can only estimate, (Do a little search for ofqual grade predictions) so they may have predicted an A is 57 which could be the case, but depends on the noise of the data, and how much other factors intervenes with the real value.
47 or so I would think.

do u think the context question will still get marked or would they miss it out
Reply 74
Do remeber every other year the exam was out of 75 marks, this year out of 70 therfore the skew of marks would be positive. Thefore the Grade a boundry could vary and fluctuate between 52-62 the confidence interval would be large, as it anyones game. As i stated, most schools are not prepared, theres uncertainty about exam structure, the gov have to look good ' The new exams have to be reflective of increasing standards', the Exam boards do not have historical data to go by, so tbey can only estimate, (Do a little search for ofqual grade predictions) so they may have predicted an A is 57 which could be the case, but depends on the noise of the data, and how much other factors intervenes with the real value.

Actually, the previous years were out of 75.
Original post by jstudent1012

There was a box to shade????

Oh, I didn't even notice the difference in marks. I suppose that the MC is still out of 25 then?

What questions had marks shaved off then? I barely noticed anything. Hopefully not so much from the essay as I wrote more than two pages for that...
Original post by Starmock99

I don't remember seeing a box but everyone is saying there was one so I'm so worried
Original post by Starmock99

Oh shiet. Welp, GG paper. I didn't notice any box... are we talking about AQA?

I wrote at the top of the page Context 1 (I think).
Oh shiet. Welp, GG paper. I didn't notice any box... are we talking about AQA?

I wrote at the top of the page Context 1 (I think).

Yes AQA. I didnt notice any box too .. :/

Quick Reply

Latest