The Student Room Group

OCR AS Level Economics (New): Microeconomic - 16th of May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Junaid12
OCR have never put an essay work 18-20 marks on price controls. So i think it may come up to surprise us but at the same time it probably won't, i would say regulation is the most likely to come up only because there is a lot to talk about and they avoided it in the specimen paper

regulation came up in june 2013 18 mark question
Reply 41
Is it unlikely that the essays from the specification papers will come up in the real thing tomorrow then?
so is the 20 marker is going to be a type of government intervention, maybe polluter permits
predictions for 10/20 markers?
Hoping for government intervention (such as a specific tax), types of economies would be nice and maybe something on buffer stocks?
Original post by Hazzaj500
Hoping for government intervention (such as a specific tax), types of economies would be nice and maybe something on buffer stocks?

I doubt buffer stocks as that was a question on the specimen paper
Original post by Hazzaj500

taxation and buffer sock were on the specimen i doubt they'll be on it
I'm thinking it might be on public goods? or government failure?
anyone managed to get a hold of the further micro papers?
and do u think ocr multiple choice will be easier than AQA multiple choice
Original post by aamir_greenlamp
anyone managed to get a hold of the further micro papers?
and do u think ocr multiple choice will be easier than AQA multiple choice

i think they'll be almost the same i wouldn't be surprised if they stole some of them :biggrin:
Reply 49
How did everyone fund the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
It was easy compared to the specimen paper, but I struggled for time with 20 marker and rambled a bit in panic! What did people put for to what extent factors for the 10 marker? Wasn't sure what exactly they wanted for the first 4 marker (explain why alcohol creates negative externality)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
were the answers to the last 2 multiple choice questions £4 and £20?
Reply 52
how did everyone find it?
Reply 53
for the last multiple choice I included the extra cost of £20 per worker, but I wasn't sure if that was right, or if it was just £20. I went for C anyway. second last I put £4 but it seemed to easy!
The price elasticity was -1.6 I'm pretty sure, and I think the 4 marker before the 10 maker was a determinants of demand style question.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 54
anyone have guess at what the grade boundaries will be
Reply 55
Original post by yelash
for the last multiple choice I included the extra cost of £20 per worker, but I wasn't sure if that was right, or if it was just £20. I went for C anyway. second last I put £4 but it seemed to easy!
The price elasticity was -1.6 I'm pretty sure, and I think the 4 marker before the 10 maker was a determinants of demand style question.

Ahh was the answer for C for that last multiple choice like £1700 or something like that? I went for that one but like all my friends went for A
Reply 56
Original post by tj123456
anyone have guess at what the grade boundaries will be

Well it fairly easy :frown: so maybe: A=47, B=42, C=37, D=32 ? (that was the grade boundaries for last years paper, although I have no idea how hard it was!)
Reply 57
Original post by joodaa
Ahh was the answer for C for that last multiple choice like £1700 or something like that? I went for that one but like all my friends went for A

I hope so! It depends whether marginal cost includes the total cost to the firm of one more employee, or just the extra wage. I think C makes more sense :wink:
how wrong was it to talk about negative externalities of production in the 20 mark?
Reply 59
Original post by marshy12345
how wrong was it to talk about negative externalities of production in the 20 mark?

Hmm which 20 marker did you choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending