The Student Room Group

Economics AQA Unit 1 resit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caius Filimon
Yep it had to be +0.5. Was it the cross elasticity question? I remember something about thinking it was a substitute so it had to be positive

It was price elasticity of supply wasnt it? For context 2
Original post by nayana71
It was price elasticity of supply wasnt it? For context 2

Oh woops nvm then. I hope you did well though.

Welp, guess no one did context 1.
MCQ answers ???, i thought I had more time than I did so I only answered 8/25 mcq and just ticked B for the rest, section B i think I got, 5 marks for definition, 8 for comparison, 10/12 and about 21/23/25 as I only had 1/2 quotes.
what did you write for pes deteminants for tickets?
urghhhhh my pes q3 went crap. I've lost 12 marks there but pretty sure I got full marks everywhere else. the multiple choice was sooo easy and the 25 marker was a dream. hopefully I get a high B. anyways im done thinking about this now. time for some maths :/
does anyone have a copy of the multiple choice questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by Kara15555
what did you write for pes deteminants for tickets?

Spare capacity and time are the main two
for my multiple choice I got BABDBDCBDCCAADDADABDDAACB, anyone got the paper?
What will the grade boundaries be like this year?
What were people's definition for context 2 'social benefits'?

I took the definition as if it was marginal social benefits but I'm not sure if that's right.

Also on the 8 marker did everyone write the number followed by thousands? Eg 12,897 thousand visitors?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naomi288
What were people's definition for context 2 'social benefits'?

I took the definition as if it was marginal social benefits but I'm not sure if that's right.

Also on the 8 marker did everyone write the number followed by thousands? Eg 12,897 thousand visitors?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did everything you just said

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes guys it wasnt clear for me if we need to right word thousand after the number, did u all write thousands like 12,398 thousandf or just number like 12,398 ????
Yes guys it wasnt clear for me if we need to right word thousand after the number, did u all write thousands like 12,398 thousandf or just number like 12,398 ????

Think i put 12398000
Reply 53
Original post by jxnnywilsxn
for my multiple choice I got BABDBDCBDCCAADDADABDDAACB, anyone got the paper?

I don't have the paper, but my multiple choice answers were very similar to yours I think.

I put 12,398 thousand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by naomi288
I put 12,398 thousand

For the 8 marker I put down the number of vistors peaked/troughed in thousands at 12,398 or whatever the number was haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also what did you lots get for the 12 marker???I got 75/40 and rounded it to 1.9.
I talked about spare capacity and subsidies for the factors determining PES but idk if subsidies are right lol.

The 25 marker was amazing tho, I managed to talk about subsidies, regulation and maximum price ceilings. I also talked about government failure and the law of unintended consequences for subsidies and maximum price ceilings.
(edited 7 years ago)
Literally no one did Context 2 in the resit?

And just to confirm, I suppose there were two AS level economics paper this year, right?

A resit AS level paper and a different first-time goer AS level paper?
Reply 57
i did context one
first paragraph was leave it to market as price mechanism works. i showed demand shifting and firms supplying
next paragraph was a merit good graph with social benefits higher than private benefits and identified sociallly equilibrium and free market points
third paragraph was advertising. pros and cons
next paragraph was direct provision. pros and cons
compared two policies together
conclusion i said that they are both costly and that they could just regulate the market and set quotas for firms to produce and the price mechanism would still be left to work

someone tell me what they think of this
Original post by Jamyes
i did context one
first paragraph was leave it to market as price mechanism works. i showed demand shifting and firms supplying
next paragraph was a merit good graph with social benefits higher than private benefits and identified sociallly equilibrium and free market points
third paragraph was advertising. pros and cons
next paragraph was direct provision. pros and cons
compared two policies together
conclusion i said that they are both costly and that they could just regulate the market and set quotas for firms to produce and the price mechanism would still be left to work

someone tell me what they think of this

My points I used where:

1) Price mech. fails as doesn't show negative externalities of production from fossil fuels, therefore allowing firms to continue using non renewable energy instead of price mech. rationing demand and signalling, so gov. intervention is needed

2) Gov. could use subsidies for firms aiming to develop renewable energy sources to lower barriers to entry and allow more investment and output

3) Tradable permits given to firms using non-renewable sources so that polluter pays and in long run they shift to using more renewable sources instead

Then concluded with market therefore can't help develop renewable sources as fails to ration those that are non-renewable and provides barriers to entry for firms trying to enter the wind turbine market for example. Therefore gov. intervention is needed through subsidises and permits
Original post by sazx12
Also what did you lots get for the 12 marker???I got 75/40 and rounded it to 1.9.
I talked about spare capacity and subsidies for the factors determining PES but idk if subsidies are right lol.

The 25 marker was amazing tho, I managed to talk about subsidies, regulation and maximum price ceilings. I also talked about government failure and the law of unintended consequences for subsidies and maximum price ceilings.

i got 1.9 as well. I talked about availibility of resources and time taken to make the product for PES.

25 marker went ok. Talked about subsidy and lowering tax to encourage investment. Not sure about that one. You think it makes sense??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending