The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tobeobi
Will circadian infradian and ultradian rhythms be questioned together or can each one come up as an individual 24 marker?

technically they could be asked alone but i think it is unlikely
Original post by KingPap
It seems most people are doing addiction in unit 4. How is everyone revising for this?

I am focusing on the other units atm as I feel making model essays for addiction may be futile seeing as the majority of the questions need to be applied? Hoping to just read over the textbook and make some notes I think..less of a heavy unit imo
Original post by tiegan_hill
Unit 3: gender, relationships and aggression
Unit 4: schizophrenia, media psychology and research methods

anyone else doing these topics?

with you on that one. We haven't actually finished aggression yet but should be finished before may half term with a couple of revision lessons to spare.
is anyone else doing gender, relationships, eating behaviour, research methods, schizophrenia and addiction?
also any tips on learning research methods? its my weakest topic :frown:
Reply 584
does anyone have any links for the examiners report for PSYA3 june 2011 please? because aqa have taken all of the old reports down
Are people learning essays that came up last year?
Original post by phoebecushion
Are people learning essays that came up last year?

I'm only learning 4 marks worth of ao1
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
I'm only learning 4 marks worth of ao1

Oh yeah good idea
Original post by phoebecushion
Oh yeah good idea

What are you planning on doing? I feel my strategy might be slightly risky😁
Is anyone doing an AS resit tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemstone100

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm ding the unit 2 resit next Monday! Good luck for tomorrow!
Does anyone here rely on Loopa essays + predictions? What do you think, is it really worth top marks?? Last year I studied from those booklets only and got 93UMS average but A2's all different for me
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Yeh i have 3 a levels in total 2 essay subjects and biology. I havent really started psychology but we have this weekend which im focused to try and revise one topic fully such as sleep. I feel 4-5 weeks is a long time to revise bearing in mind 2 of those weeks you wont even be in college you would have the full day to revise rather than a few hours.

So in terms of memorizing, the way i do it is to read through the essay twice, once ive read it i would then learn it paragraph by paragraph, which is like chunking. You rewrite this out several times and the key is once youve done the essay because it should be around 2 sides give or take. Rewrite this out several times try and do this 5 times to make sure it fully sticks in your head.

You may think it takes ages but trust me, once youve gotten in the habit it means youll be quicker at writing the essay, along with the fact it stays in your long term memory better.

Thank you so much for this! I will try out your method and see how it goes :smile:
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
What are you planning on doing? I feel my strategy might be slightly risky😁

Well I wasn't going to learn them at all because they've never been repeated before but it is risky !😁 I think once I feel confident with the other essays I'll learn the ones last year but not spend more than half a day
Original post by gemstone100

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am! I feel like daycare will come up because it didn't really last year and it's my worst section
I don't have study leave for two weeks yet! Any tips on memorising all the unit 3 essays by the time the exam comes round?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violetvictorious
I don't have study leave for two weeks yet! Any tips on memorising all the unit 3 essays by the time the exam comes round?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't go in haha
Original post by A-LJLB
I wouldn't go in haha

Don't know if that's wise :frown: do you have tips for memorising 2/2.5 sided essays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick question for some, how many essays are people learning per essay question? For example for something such as sleep and disrupting bio rhythms, how many core A01/A02 studies will you be using in order to ensure top marks.
Reply 599
Original post by milutin767
Does anyone here rely on Loopa essays + predictions? What do you think, is it really worth top marks?? Last year I studied from those booklets only and got 93UMS average but A2's all different for me

i'm pretty much relying on them! I just feel like it's so easy to structure revision around them... I'm just going through each essay and making a bunch of flashcards on each to help me learn the info and then I'm making acronyms to learn alongside! I'm hoping that will have me covered for both essay questions and shorter questions as all of the info is there!

might be a bit risky haha..

Latest

Trending

Trending