The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

glad to see people put the working memory model. My friend says on the asch line study he saw that it claimed to ask for 2 limitations but I didn't see that at all. All I saw was two variations and findings. I put the findings eg 36.8 percent and 75 percent in context. And I referred to the variations. Did anyone else see limitations for this question
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

12 Mark Questions are split evenly between A01 and A03 unless they have an application element. So that question wanted half outlining the study and half evaluating it.
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

You had to describe the whole study and evaluate it, no way a 12 marked would be on evaluation on its own
Original post by Rigby16
You had to outline the original strange situation the fingins and the evaluation :smile: e.g had 8 episodes with 106 infants and 70% were secure then talk about ethics and it being an emic construnct of western ideas.

I was taught
66% secure
22% Type A
12% Type C
Reply 24
Original post by Rigby16
You had to outline the original strange situation the fingins and the evaluation :smile: e.g had 8 episodes with 106 infants and 70% were secure then talk about ethics and it being an emic construnct of western ideas.

Oh no I don't think I went into that much detail like you😬Oops!!
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I was taught
66% secure
22% Type A
12% Type C

You're right that's what I put but it most probably varies between text books
Original post by vezuxiii
glad to see people put the working memory model. My friend says on the asch line study he saw that it claimed to ask for 2 limitations but I didn't see that at all. All I saw was two variations and findings. I put the findings eg 36.8 percent and 75 percent in context. And I referred to the variations. Did anyone else see limitations for this question

Yes asked for limitations

Firstly it was the findings of his variations not the original study so the 75 percent and 36.8 percent findings dont apply. And yes you had to discuss two limitations for AO3 marks.
Reply 28
You had to describe the whole study and evaluate it, no way a 12 marked would be on evaluation on its own

I did mainly evaluation and just incorporated the method throughout.
Original post by Emma9991

yes same because the question did not say "outline and evaluate..." so I got confused :/
Reply 30
i forgot to put an evaluation in for the 12 markers *Face Palm
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I was taught
66% secure
22% Type A
12% Type C

Yeah examiners know that students have been taught from different sources in my AQA texboox is claims 70, 15, 15 but they would still credit yours :smile:
Well I messed up the asch line question hopefully I didn't lose out on my A 😕
You're right that's what I put but it most probably varies between text books

Get in there 😉
yes same because the question did not say "outline and evaluate..." so I got confused :/

They dont say outline and evaluate to vary the questions wording the 12 markers are still split between 6 AO1 and 6 AO3
I didn't expect the self report question, totally took me off guard I waffled on it lol hopefully I collected some marks
Hello I'd agree that the working memory question was way to vague however I wrote in detail about the working memory model. Furthermore the question about asch line study findings and variations does anyone remember in detail the exact question?

I think it was outline Asch's findings in relation to two variables affecting conformity and outline two limitiations
Reply 37
Original post by Tweensie
i forgot to put an evaluation in for the 12 markers *Face Palm

Oops, if you did well on outlining though you could get solid half marks for them
Reply 38
Imo and as other people seem to have already mentioned for me it was the actual understanding of the question and what to write that was the hardest part that most people seem to have done Baddely on. The actual answers themselves weren't too difficult
Original post by Emma9991

I said it was a westernised technique so may not be appropriate for other cultures (imposed etic)
Then I said may be outdated as conformist era and so more likely to conform which may affect results but Spencer and Perrin in the 80s re did what Asch did and found 1/396 conformed so conformity was affected by era

Quick Reply

Latest