The Student Room Group

National 5 French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ethan100
I don't take french but wishing you all the best for tomorrow :smile:

Thank you :smile:
It says "this email should be around 120-150 words" but in the marking schemes there is no mention of the word count so I don't know if it matters or not, as I will probably write more than 150 words, what do you think ?
Original post by 7894561230
It says "this email should be around 120-150 words" but in the marking schemes there is no mention of the word count so I don't know if it matters or not, as I will probably write more than 150 words, what do you think ?

The sqa aren't going to count the number of words lol. 120-150 is just a recommendation so if you write more it's fine. However don't make it really short as you could lose marks for that.
Good luck today everyone!! Hope it goes well, I'm kind of stressed!!!
Good luck today everyone, sure it will be OK. Although french is my best subject I'm scared!
Reply 25
this should be pretty easy
pretty much my whole class got 30/30 on the speaking part, and it only took me around half an hour to re-learn my job application letter from the prelim
i usually get around 24-27 on the reading paper and 15/18 on the listening, so i think i'll be alright

this definitely isn't my best subject though, as i'm a more science-based guy, my best subject being computing science, but i feel like french, or any foreign language really, will help me to get a job in that area
(edited 7 years ago)
Good luck everyone!! :h:
Reply 27
Hopefully reading isn't to hard...
Reply 28
How did everyone find it??
I think it went really well, perhaps even better than the prelim :h:
Reply 30
Can i get some answers for reading and listening. Listening was sooo hard!!
The listening was a little tricky and the final two bullet points could've also stumped some folk. Hope you all did brill - not too brill though, don't want those boundaries raised.

Now for chem...
Reply 32
Original post by ___Sophie___
I think it went really well, perhaps even better than the prelim :h:

I found item 1 quite difficult in the listening, what did you get for the very last question on the reading where you have to tick two boxes?
Reply 33
I found item 1 quite difficult in the listening, what did you get for the very last question on the listening where you have to tick two boxes?
Reply 34
Original post by Lewis H01
I found item 1 quite difficult in the listening, what did you get for the very last question on the reading where you have to tick two boxes?

It was uniforms look smart and pupils feel proud wearing uniform
Original post by Aaaaa01

Yep I got that too :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by ___Sophie___
Yep I got that too :smile:

What did you get for why jean likes scotland? The second last question from listening item 1
Original post by Aaaaa01
What did you get for why jean likes scotland? The second last question from listening item 1

There were a couple of possibilities. I got the landscape was impressive.
Reply 38
Original post by Aaaaa01

I think I got that too, the 1st and 3rd box?
Reply 39
Writing was fine, got the extra bullet points no problem, translating the articles was a little harder and listening was haaaard. I barley got any answers for item 1 and i think they're wrong. Item 2 the question that stumped me was "What did she not like about the school" and I heard something about a sandwich? Idk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending