The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?
Original post by vezuxiii
Well I messed up the asch line question hopefully I didn't lose out on my A 😕

Look examiners arent heartless and be thankful its wasnt a 12 marker :smile: MAX you lost out of was 8 and that dropps you down to 64 marks to get if an A is lowered to say 55 youve got 9 marks to move :smile:
Reply 42
it was something like "from the findings of Aschs study, outline two variables affecting conformity? And use two limitations."
Original post by Rigby16
Look examiners arent heartless and be thankful its wasnt a 12 marker :smile: MAX you lost out of was 8 and that dropps you down to 64 marks to get if an A is lowered to say 55 youve got 9 marks to move :smile:

Thanks for the positivity appreciate it in these dark times 😂
Did anyone notice the fact that there were two research methods questions in the paper? I feel like they shouldn't have been there as they weren't relevent to social influence they were purely research methods questions?
I put for working memory question the completely wrong things :frown:
Cognitive interview + eval
Baddeley and Carter context/internal cues +eval
Johnson and Scott EWT +eval
Yuille and Cutshall EWTA +eval
anxiety loop thingie with optimum arousal
Bye bye twelve marks :frown:
I didn't do the final evaluation point in the Strange Situation 12 marker D: I only mentioned inter-rater reliability and subsequent outcomes
What did everyone get in the Romanian orphan MCQs?
Original post by KristaWinchester
I put for working memory question the completely wrong things :frown:
Cognitive interview + eval
Baddeley and Carter context/internal cues +eval
Johnson and Scott EWT +eval
Yuille and Cutshall EWTA +eval
anxiety loop thingie with optimum arousal
Bye bye twelve marks :frown:

I know during the pressure its easy to make a wrong move but when did the cognitive interview OR anxiety OR forgetting ever come up with working memory model?
Reply 49
glad to see people put the working memory model. My friend says on the asch line study he saw that it claimed to ask for 2 limitations but I didn't see that at all. All I saw was two variations and findings. I put the findings eg 36.8 percent and 75 percent in context. And I referred to the variations. Did anyone else see limitations for this question

Yeah we had to talk about the findings and how they linked to variables affecting conformity and it said underneath to also talk about 2 limitations!
Reply 50
Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!
Original post by drriversong
What did everyone get in the Romanian orphan MCQs?

I put long term and comparison what about you?
I put long term and comparison what about you?

I put comparison and few case studies. I ruled out long term as my textbook used it as an evaluation point (that we can't predict what could happen as we only know short term)
Would you lose marks on a twelve marker if you only mention limitations and not any strengths?? Or is that okay to do three limitations?
I really did love the paper but as OP said, the 12MQs were worded funny and I didn't put much evaluation (I only put 1 strength and weakness for Ainsworth and none for the WMM, oops...)
Original post by shannon5550
Would you lose marks on a twelve marker if you only mention limitations and not any strengths?? Or is that okay to do three limitations?

I attended a webinar yesterday and they said that it doesn't matter if you only do limitations so I guess the clear-cut answer to that then is it is okay, yep!
Original post by drriversong
I put comparison and few case studies. I ruled out long term as my textbook used it as an evaluation point (that we can't predict what could happen as we only know short term)

I don't see how it could have been case studies, I put long term because he assessed them at ages 4 6 and 11 then about 20 years later so that's why I put long term. But you might be right so we need someone to clarify
If it makes any of you feel any better I talked about the cognitive interview for some reason on the working question😂 bye 12 marks and potential A
Original post by anna096
Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!

Procedural LTM was Annie because it deals with skills, episodic LTM was Germaine because it deals with events and semantic LTM was the other one as it deals with facts and knowledge!
Did any of you do the aqa psychology re sit

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending