The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Whatwhy
If it makes any of you feel any better I talked about the cognitive interview for some reason on the working question😂 bye 12 marks and potential A

Everyone seems to have done a mistake on atleast one question so your alright, I completely misread the asch one so yeah
Reply 61
I thought it was a good paper, came out of there thinking i nailed it then checked my text book when i came home and realised i got the two models of memory mixed up 😭😭😭 i'm so upset with myself i really wanted an A
Original post by vezuxiii
I don't see how it could have been case studies, I put long term because he assessed them at ages 4 6 and 11 then about 20 years later so that's why I put long term. But you might be right so we need someone to clarify

Well I thought that it'd be few case studies as it only referred to the Romanian orphans and not institutionalisation as a whole. Prepared to be wrong though :smile:))
Reply 63
Original post by Tweensie
I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?

I've not heard of that before?
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

Mainly evaluation or ALL evaluation
Reply 65
Original post by abbeyjayne
Procedural LTM was Annie because it deals with skills, episodic LTM was Germaine because it deals with events and semantic LTM was the other one as it deals with facts and knowledge!

I knew that but crossed it out after reading the question again! Atleast I'll still get 3 marks for naming the types of LTM.
For asch's variability if you didnt state the numbers e.g 75% and you just said conformity increases/decreases with that variability would you still gain the marks?
Reply 67
Just realised how I stupidly wrote about Milgram's experiment for the Asch 8 marker!😔However I still mentioned stuff like having social support being a factor and they share similar evaluation points. Will this be marked as 0 regardless or will I get a few marks still?
Original post by abbeyjayne
I attended a webinar yesterday and they said that it doesn't matter if you only do limitations so I guess the clear-cut answer to that then is it is okay, yep!

Ah yaayy! Thank you :biggrin:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought 12 markers were dodgy.. as in I think I got points down but the way I wrote my essay was horrific: the evaluation points were everywhere and I just don't know.
It was okay though ngl... I just now have to concentrate on the second paper which i know **** for lol
Original post by maisieaa
Mainly evaluation or ALL evaluation

It's not all evaluation ... What am I missing something or are you completely mistaken lol
Original post by anna096
Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!

Yes the wording reallt confused me too!
Original post by drriversong
Well I thought that it'd be few case studies as it only referred to the Romanian orphans and not institutionalisation as a whole. Prepared to be wrong though :smile:))

I only didn't put that as thought of Le Mare and Audet along with Zeanah et al
Original post by anna096
I knew that but crossed it out after reading the question again! Atleast I'll still get 3 marks for naming the types of LTM.

Exactly! You'll be fine, don't worry about it & think of it this way - because it's the new spec, this year's grade doesn't count as an AS! And even if you do terribly, you can always take a gap year before uni :smile: I'm just thinking optimistically about my options!
Reply 74
I put long term and comparison what about you?

And me!
Original post by AdimG
Just realised how I stupidly wrote about Milgram's experiment for the Asch 8 marker!😔However I still mentioned stuff like having social support being a factor and they share similar evaluation points. Will this be marked as 0 regardless or will I get a few marks still?

If you put about social support you will more then likely get some marks yes. What made you write the stupid answer lol I got it wrong to but what confused you
Reply 76
Original post by Tweensie
I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?

It's positive marking so you won't lose a mark don't worry.
I was so happy to see the Strange Situation come up because I had revised that so, so hard. So when I saw it, I literally wrote SO much.
Harlow Monkeys
Lorenz Ducks
would you get mark for saying ducks instead of geese
It's not all evaluation ... What am I missing something or are you completely mistaken lol

I thought 'discuss' just meant advantages ad disadvantages, unless I am getting mistaken with AS law. Luckily I doubted myself and outlined to be on the safe side anyway :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest