The Student Room Group

Psychology

How did you guys feel about the AQA Psychology unit 1 resit?

Scroll to see replies

I found that kind of hard. Is it just me? I was getting A's in all the past papers but I felt like this paper was really different. There were so many research method questions and were worth a lot of marks :frown: what did you say for what ethical issues to take into account when children are involved? And why there may have been investigator bias or whatever that was ? And for the first question what 2 letters did you write for the multi store model ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by brown_eyes
I found that kind of hard. Is it just me? I was getting A's in all the past papers but I felt like this paper was really different. There were so many research method questions and were worth a lot of marks :frown: what did you say for what ethical issues to take into account when children are involved? And why there may have been investigator bias or whatever that was ? And for the first question what 2 letters did you write for the multi store model ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely agree with you compared to all the past papers this one was very different!! For the eithical issues question I wrote that they would need to ake sure to get informed consent from parents to conduct observation and that they need to make sure that confidentiality is insured. For the first question I was annoyed I wrote I thing D and E first but then changed to D and F.
Reply 3
What about you? and what did you do for the 12 marker that was the worst question, I seriously believed that the working memory model was going to come up for that
Omg this is stressing me out because I'm resitting unit 2 next Monday and know nothing😭
Reply 5
Original post by AAugusta1
What about you? and what did you do for the 12 marker that was the worst question, I seriously believed that the working memory model was going to come up for that

I was hoping for WMM twelve marker. I know for the letter one two answers were underneath eachother
Reply 6
It was okay for me. Lol the 12 marker was my best question. The only question I flopped was the one about research into encoding :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by elibobz
I was hoping for WMM twelve marker. I know for the letter one two answers were underneath eachother

yeah I think it was phonological loop and central executive
Reply 8
found it been getting A's in all past papers but that one was very weird. the learning theory question was strange as we all investigator effect on observation- praying grade boundaries are low
Reply 9
yeah I think it was phonological loop and central executive

what grade are you hoping for?
Reply 10
Original post by noyo10
It was okay for me. Lol the 12 marker was my best question. The only question I flopped was the one about research into encoding :frown:

what did you write for the 12 marker?
The encoding question I think I remembered some research but couldn't recall the pyschologist
Reply 11
Original post by noyo10
what grade are you hoping for?

I was hoping for at least a B but the last question was terrible I have no idea now. If it was anything else I would have been fine.
What did everyone get in psyb1 for the graph question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
what did you write for the 12 marker?
The encoding question I think I remembered some research but couldn't recall the pyschologist

For the 12 marker I wrote research about Hodges & Tizard and Rutter et al.
Reply 14
if you only wrote about hoges and tizzard into depth and 4 evaluation points is that enough for the 12 marker?
Reply 15
Original post by noyo10
For the 12 marker I wrote research about Hodges & Tizard and Rutter et al.

I knew someone started with a T but I couldn't think of the name. DAMN
Reply 16
Original post by bvdv
if you only wrote about hoges and tizzard into depth and 4 evaluation points is that enough for the 12 marker?

Yh its okay. I just put in an extra research cause I had time
Reply 17
What about the learning theory questions who thinks they wrote a good answer.
Reply 18
I knew someone started with a T but I couldn't think of the name. DAMN

what research did you write about?
Reply 19
What about the learning theory questions who thinks they wrote a good answer.

i just wrote about operant conditioning and attempted to apply that to the question but i think i flopped it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending