The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Kidofthecentuary
Harlow Monkeys
Lorenz Ducks
would you get mark for saying ducks instead of geese

Probably not as ducks are not the same as geese! Don't worry though it's only one mark!
Harlow Monkeys
Lorenz Ducks

I put birds... AQA is quite lenient with things like that unlike OCR so you should be fine. Don't panic over 1 mark anyway :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by vezuxiii
Well I messed up the asch line question hopefully I didn't lose out on my A 😕

You won't it's a new spec the grade boundaries will be lower rely on that if anything
Reply 83
I also thought the working memory question was so vague, I wrote briefly about the model itself but then I went on to talk about brain damaged patients such as KF and HM and Clive , do you reckon that's wrong?
What did everyone write for the 12 marker on the working memory?

The wording threw me off so much, I ended up basically outlining and evaluating the working memory model, and for 2 points in my evaluation I used 'psychological research' (Shallice and Warrington's study of KF and Baddeley et al in dual task performance) but idk if that's what they were asking :frown:
Harlow Monkeys
Lorenz Ducks

You probably wouldn't because they were goslings, not ducks or geese (theoretically)!
Reply 86
Original post by drriversong
I didn't do the final evaluation point in the Strange Situation 12 marker D: I only mentioned inter-rater reliability and subsequent outcomes

As long as you have two well rounded evaluation points you don't need the third so it should be fine, don't worry
Original post by trufflexo
What did everyone write for the 12 marker on the working memory?

The wording threw me off so much, I ended up basically outlining and evaluating the working memory model, and for 2 points in my evaluation I used 'psychological research' (Shallice and Warrington's study of KF and Baddeley et al in dual task performance) but idk if that's what they were asking :frown:

I unpicked each section of the model and wrote a little about what psychological research into each bit has shown or how it applies to real life. For instance, evidence for the phonological loop and its articulatory process is through telephone numbers!

The wording threw me though so I forgot to evaluate. Yet I evaluated for the second 12 marker?! I'm absolutely gutted... :frown:
Original post by Emma9991
I've not heard of that before?

It means consistency over a period of time-you should get the mark as long as you explained what it was
Original post by abbeyjayne
You probably wouldn't because they were goslings, not ducks or geese (theoretically)!

Ducks are closer to geese and people were telling me they put birds so i might get lucky you never know
Original post by Chloebreenb
I also thought the working memory question was so vague, I wrote briefly about the model itself but then I went on to talk about brain damaged patients such as KF and HM and Clive , do you reckon that's wrong?

No why would that be wrong? I did exactly the same but used the case studies as evaluation
Reply 91
Original post by vezuxiii
No why would that be wrong? I did exactly the same but used the case studies as evaluation

Mainly because I think I made up half of the info on KF and HM😂 I completely forgot so made them up😩
Reply 92
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??

my thoughts exactly!! i did both and was running out of time, i wrote till the very last second!!
Qa
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by abbeyjayne
I unpicked each section of the model and wrote a little about what psychological research into each bit has shown or how it applies to real life. For instance, evidence for the phonological loop and its articulatory process is through telephone numbers!

The wording threw me though so I forgot to evaluate. Yet I evaluated for the second 12 marker?! I'm absolutely gutted... :frown:

aaw i'm gutted too! especially since working memory model and multi-store is such a simple thing to talk about :frown: seems like everybody found it hard though so hopefully lower grade boundaries, fingers crossed anyway hahaha
For the animal study question I put:
Lorenz Geese is that correct?
I thought social influence was the hardest. What did everyone put for the minority influence question and how it linked to the holiday thing?
Reply 97
Original post by Sorlenix
For asch's variability if you didnt state the numbers e.g 75% and you just said conformity increases/decreases with that variability would you still gain the marks?

Yes as long as you state the effect, percentages aren't necessarily needed
Original post by gh0527
my thoughts exactly!! i did both and was running out of time, i wrote till the very last second!!

Hey for the 8 marker I didn't answer fully and ran out of time but I wrote a couple bullet points do you think I could still get marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
for the strange situation question did we have to discuss the steps like how mother leave and comes and so stranger or can we just outline that it is obsevation and what was she measuring? Also for the question about stm in msm do u get marks if you spoke about unitary store

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending