The Student Room Group

OCR GCSE Philosophy and Ethics predictions 2016

Any predictions??

Scroll to see replies

I noted down what's come up since 2011 on the Ethics papers and I narrowed it down to this:

What pretty much always comes up: marriage, divorce, sexual relationships. Abortion, euthanasia. War, pacifism and capital punishment. Other religions, racism and roles of women.

What hasn't come up for a while: fertility treatment, homosexuality. Animal testing. Governments, social (in)justice. Sexism, forgiveness.

(This doesn't include poverty and wealth and the lists go in this order: human relationships, medical ethics, peace and justice, religion and equality)
Original post by harrietbh12
I noted down what's come up since 2011 on the Ethics papers and I narrowed it down to this:

What pretty much always comes up: marriage, divorce, sexual relationships. Abortion, euthanasia. War, pacifism and capital punishment. Other religions, racism and roles of women.

What hasn't come up for a while: fertility treatment, homosexuality. Animal testing. Governments, social (in)justice. Sexism, forgiveness.

(This doesn't include poverty and wealth and the lists go in this order: human relationships, medical ethics, peace and justice, religion and equality)

This is so helpful ! thank you!
Reply 3

your an angel
thank you soo much
this really helped
Original post by D.SHA64
your an angel
thank you soo much
this really helped

Original post by chrlhyms
This is so helpful ! thank you!

You're welcome! This doesnt include the 2015 ones because that paper isnt online yet, but from talking to people I know that basically everything in the first list came up! Good luck both of you :smile:
Reply 5
This is sooo helpful...thank you sooo much
Reply 6
Thank you so much!
Reply 7
Good luck today everyone...hope u all do great....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yhh i think its on fertility treatmenr. Good luck everyoneeeee
Reply 9
You're welcome! This doesnt include the 2015 ones because that paper isnt online yet, but from talking to people I know that basically everything in the first list came up! Good luck both of you :smile:

Do you know what other units came up?
Good luck everyone! I'm sure you will all smash it-my hand will probably fall off after I've answered the 2nd part D hahaha
Good luck everyone! Genesis 1:27 and Job 1:21 are my go-to quotes 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find it!?
Original post by chloecam29
How did everyone find it!?

Quite easy - I had to reuse some of my quotes, but apart from that I think it went well - You?
What section/units did everyone answer?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
Quite easy - I had to reuse some of my quotes, but apart from that I think it went well - You?
What section/units did everyone answer?

I did Medical ethics and human relationships for ethics 1, and Peace & Justice and Equality for Ethics 2
Original post by Faizanasif
I did Medical ethics and human relationships for ethics 1, and Peace & Justice and Equality for Ethics 2

I did exactly the same.
A lot of people said Unit 11 (Equality??) was hard - but I thought they were all pretty similar.
Did you learn for all 6 units? or only 4 you knew you were going to do?
Original post by iwishicouldfly14
I did exactly the same.
A lot of people said Unit 11 (Equality??) was hard - but I thought they were all pretty similar.
Did you learn for all 6 units? or only 4 you knew you were going to do?

The part e that said race is not important? That's the easiest part e I've ever had! The wording of it can be confusing, as I was confused for like 5 minutes. I literally spent like 5 minutes doing part a b c and d for equality, it was the easiest section. Though part e I wrote like 2 pages. I talked about ecumenism along with Taize. Then I talked about slavery that Christians forced black slaves to convert to Christianity? If I don't get 12 marks for that question, I'll be so annoyed...
The exam was amazing Im hoping for an A* I did Christianity human relationships and medical ethics. Then peace and war and responsibility for planet on second paperm Grade boundaries?? Like out of 51
Original post by ellamoon_22
The exam was amazing Im hoping for an A* I did Christianity human relationships and medical ethics. Then peace and war and responsibility for planet on second paperm Grade boundaries?? Like out of 51

42-44 for A* i think
Original post by Faizanasif
The part e that said race is not important? That's the easiest part e I've ever had! The wording of it can be confusing, as I was confused for like 5 minutes. I literally spent like 5 minutes doing part a b c and d for equality, it was the easiest section. Though part e I wrote like 2 pages. I talked about ecumenism along with Taize. Then I talked about slavery that Christians forced black slaves to convert to Christianity? If I don't get 12 marks for that question, I'll be so annoyed...

I like the race is not important question - I found loads of biblical quotes (from old testament) such as "Love your neighbour like yourself" and "don't stand by whilst the blood of your neighbour is split" for an equality point and I made up some weird stuff about all of us being descended from Eve and in Hebrew her name is "Chava" which means life and she's the mother of all living and I linked it weirdly.

Original post by 1jonam16
42-44 for A* i think

I've never seen a paper where it's that high.
Admittedly, I've only done 2 papers - but in my mock I got 43 in Ethics 2 and it was 47 UMS....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending