The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm feeling optimistic about Wednesday, I'm sure Klopp will drill into the players how it's CL or nothing next season and the lads will be fired up. We saw in the game vs Chelsea how they mostly played within themselves- they all realise how important the final is. It won't be an easy game but that's not a worry as our route to the final has been difficult.

The prospect of getting CL and winning a trophy this season is very exciting considering it's Klopp's first season. Win or lose we've had a good season in the sense that we can see what Klopp is trying to build, I also have faith in him bringing in the required players this summer. If we are without the CL next season we should be challenging for the league (similar to 13/14) and under Klopp I have faith in him to bring it home.
Original post by The.Joker
I'm feeling optimistic about Wednesday, I'm sure Klopp will drill into the players how it's CL or nothing next season and the lads will be fired up. We saw in the game vs Chelsea how they mostly played within themselves- they all realise how important the final is. It won't be an easy game but that's not a worry as our route to the final has been difficult.

The prospect of getting CL and winning a trophy this season is very exciting considering it's Klopp's first season. Win or lose we've had a good season in the sense that we can see what Klopp is trying to build, I also have faith in him bringing in the required players this summer. If we are without the CL next season we should be challenging for the league (similar to 13/14) and under Klopp I have faith in him to bring it home.

I think Klopp will be pointing out that Sevilla travel badly - no away wins in La Liga, no wins in 3 in CL away games, 1 win of 4 away games in EL. Only in the Copa del Rey have they won away from home.

So long as we don't have any brain farts and play to our usual ability, I think we should be fine. Tbh we've beat better teams on route to the final..
Liverpool's Dejan Lovren left out of Croatia squad for Euros. He's fallen out with the coach Ante Cacic. #bbceuro2016 #LFC
No Lovren then as per above. Clyne, Henderson, Milner, Sturridge and Lallana in Eng squad.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mr tim
No Lovren then as per above. Clyne, Henderson, Milner, Sturridge and Lallna in Eng squad.

Adam Lallna

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's over half of our first XI gone for internationals (Euros and Copa America), not ideal for Klopp's preseason preparations but he did mention he will ensure the players preseason training would be extended into the season if he feels they are not fit enough and need more training.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Lol your team was playing **** even before Shaw was injured but were grinding out or were lucky with results.

And results are what makes a team good
Original post by difeo
And results are what makes a team good

Not if the results stop coming which it did, your luck ran out simple as.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Not if the results stop coming which it did.

Yeah, when Shaw got injured so you've just agreed with me
Original post by difeo
Yes, when Shaw got injured so you've just agreed with me

Just so happens to be a coincidence, fullbacks alone don't have a major influence on results over the course of the season, strikers, goalkeepers and midfielders do. Schweinsteigers injury I would say probably impacted your results more. You pretty much are the only United fan here with this view.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
That's over half of our first XI gone for internationals (Euros and Copa America), not ideal for Klopp's preseason preparations but he did mention he will ensure the players preseason training would be extended into the season if he feels they are not fit enough and need more training.

I guess every big club will have the same problem? Although better for all the mid-lower table clubs. Probably why you see more shock results at the start of the season rather than the middle.
Original post by Zerforax
Liverpool's Dejan Lovren left out of Croatia squad for Euros. He's fallen out with the coach Ante Cacic. #bbceuro2016 #LFC

Lol, their best defender.

Let's hope I don't get them in the sweepstake then...
Rumors that we have agreed a deal for Mainz goalkeeper Karius, hopefully this is a sign that we are indeed looking for a keeper to challenge/upgrade on Mignolet.
Original post by Lúcio
Lol, their best defender.

Let's hope I don't get them in the sweepstake then...

Matip is Cameroonian so won't be going anywhere this summer - perfect time for Matip + Lovren to start training together and cement a partnership before the new season starts?

AFCON next January which will be annoying since we'll lose Matip for a month then instead. Fingers crossed Sakho is back from his ban by then?

Really shows how important it is to have decent cover at CB for those three players.
Original post by samir12
Rumors that we have agreed a deal for Mainz goalkeeper Karius, hopefully this is a sign that we are indeed looking for a keeper to challenge/upgrade on Mignolet.

Anyone knows anything about him? Mainz did pretty well to finish 6th this season.
Original post by samir12

Heard of him but can honestly say I know nothing about his ability.
That's a good sign though.

Does anybody on TSR watch a lot of German football who might know of him? :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
Heard of him but can honestly say I know nothing about his ability.
That's a good sign though.

Does anybody on TSR watch a lot of German football who might know of him? :smile:

Vae is pretty knowledgable on European football in general, Zurich watches a lot of German football himself but he has dissappeared from TSR (probably gone to Syria to fight ISIS)

Only question that needs answering is if he is better than Mignolet :P
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by samir12
Vae is pretty knowledgable on European football in general, Zurich watches a lot of German football himself but he has dissappeared from TSR (probably gone to Syria to fight ISIS)

Only question that needs answering is if he is better than Mignolet :P

I think anyone is better than Mignolet at this point.. who knows maybe he can make himself a hero on Wednesday?
Original post by Zerforax
I think anyone is better than Mignolet at this point.. who knows maybe he can make himself a hero on Wednesday?

I really hope he does and I would absolutely love him for it.
However it wouldn't change my opinion that in the long run we need an upgrade.
Original post by Lúcio
I really hope he does and I would absolutely love him for it.
However it wouldn't change my opinion that in the long run we need an upgrade.

Still don't understand who gave him a new 5 year contract.. :facepalm:

Latest