The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Also what is a self report?
Original post by Chloebreenb

It's where participants give the results themselves rather than the researcher, so things like questionnaires and interviews. Observations wouldn't be a self report technique as the researcher notes down what happens, not the ppts.
For the self report question I just put questionnaires which can have open and closed questions and an interview which can be structured or unstructured how many marks do you think I will get?

A self-report inventory is a type of psychological test in which a person fills out a survey or questionnaire with or without the help of an investigator.
Reply 104
what did people say for the self report/ research methods questions? they threw me :frown:
Reply 105
What did you guys put for Marcus?
Original post by trufflexo
It's where participants give the results themselves rather than the researcher, so things like questionnaires and interviews. Observations wouldn't be a self report technique as the researcher notes down what happens, not the ppts.

Ah okay I wrote where the participant speaks directly to the researcher and the researcher has to evaluate from it... Does that get any marks...?
What did people put for the minority influence and holiday question?
For the 12 M for the question about psychological research and working memory is it possible to get marks if you wrote about anxiety???? Ive asked people and they have all wrote about the working memory model!!
Reply 109
Original post by mali473
Hey for the 8 marker I didn't answer fully and ran out of time but I wrote a couple bullet points do you think I could still get marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

is this for Asch?? can't even remember which was the 8 marker :s-smilie: i'm sure if ur points are relevant you'll get some marks, i know people who have put bullet points for their 12 markers and do fine :smile:
for the 12 mark on working memory i just talked about the working memory model with evidence to support and contradict how many marks would this get? is this even right?
Original post by Esso123
for the strange situation question did we have to discuss the steps like how mother leave and comes and so stranger or can we just outline that it is obsevation and what was she measuring? Also for the question about stm in msm do u get marks if you spoke about unitary store

In the strange situation I did put some of the steps like mother leaves, I think you needed to get full AO1 marks but you were correct with what you said.

I put what you said in the question about STM and MSM and I did think it was a bit off topic but I reckon it'll be okay.
Original post by Bobby21231
What did people put for the minority influence and holiday question?

Talk about Conistency commitment and flexibility
Ah okay I wrote where the participant speaks directly to the researcher and the researcher has to evaluate from it... Does that get any marks...?

yeahh you should defo get marks for that! i think it was only like three marks so that should defo be at least a two :smile:
Reply 114
Original post by Mina_
What did you guys put for Marcus?

importance of being consistent - draw attention
committed - not acting out of self interest
flexible/ non dogmatic - ability of compromise
(edited 7 years ago)
AAAHHH Im so happy its over I found it super hard and im scared now but just got think about paper 2 what do you guys reckons is highly likely on that paper ?
For the self-report I wrote their own opinions, feelings and opinions :biggrin: I honestly had no clue.
Would I get ANY marks?
Original post by Tweensie
I wrote about diachronic synchrony when talking about consistency with marcus, will i lose marks?

I did the same, but I don't see why that would lose you marks... did you explain it in context?
Original post by Kidofthecentuary

But how did u relate this to the holiday
Original post by Kidofthecentuary

Yes that's what I wrote too. However for flexibility I wrote he should not change his view. Would that be correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending