The Student Room Group

The EU is like Hitler - Boris Johnson

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madeline_H95
It's true. You can't deny the EU project is about building a superstate and you can't deny lefty parties in europe have a problem with anti-Semitism.

It is not preordained that the EU will become a superstate- although I would support that.

There is a problem with antisemitism but it is found on both the fringes of the left and the right.

(And it should be noted that where it is found, they have been removed by the Labour party)
You're denying EU treaties calling for more integration and all demands by senior EU politicians for an EU army, EU tax powers, super-national EU police force, EU courts to try EU citizens, and EU currency is all false.

Some have. Many haven't.

Equally, some have decried such aims, or shown no interest in them.

The vast majority are in it purely for the economic interests of their respect countries - as they should - and only support such changes if it brings about further economic advantages.

Just look at the chaos in Labour with anti-Semitism.

I'm not commenting on this. It's a separate matter.
Original post by Davij038
It is not preordained that the EU will become a superstate- although I would support that.

There is a problem with antisemitism but it is found on both the fringes of the left and the right.

(And it should be noted that where it is found, they have been removed by the Labour party)

It's pretty clear when it was stated in EU founding treaties and a currency is in existence.

??? I don't remember Livingston being expelled.
You're denying EU treaties calling for more integration and all demands by senior EU politicians for an EU army, EU tax powers, super-national EU police force, EU courts to try EU citizens, and EU currency is all false. Just look at the chaos in Labour with anti-Semitism.

Are you suggesting the EU and the british labour party are conspiring together to make another holocaust?

I have a low opinion of brexiters, but that is really taking the biscuit. I suggest you find yourself a care worker.
Original post by Davij038
They are both true, but Its a false analogy- done on purpose for expedient political purposes. This is why he is wrong to do so.

@Fullofsurprises @Bornblue

So statement of facts is wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
So statement of facts is wrong?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Individually yes

Not when they are taken out of context and put in a proposition, of which the author doesn't believe in and is using to justify his position.

Here is some visual stimulus for you: (Boris may well be the wolf!)

The European Union wants to ban all private gun ownership; so did Hitler
The European Union wants to unite all of Europe [Although they do not mention it directly] so did Hitler.

Boris is correct; he is speaking for the people!
Original post by adam9317
The European Union wants to unite all of Europe [Although they do not mention it directly] so did Hitler.

David Cameron has two arms and two legs; so did Hitler!!!
Boris Johnson has two ears; so did Hitler!!!
Boris Becker speaks German; so did Hitler!!!
Your name begins with an a; so did Hitler's!!!
Original post by Bornblue
David Cameron has two arms and two legs; so did Hitler!!!
Boris Johnson has two ears; so did Hitler!!!
Boris Becker speaks German; so did Hitler!!!
Your name begins with an a; so did Hitler's!!!

When the United States of Europe is created, don't say I didn't warn you
It's pretty clear when it was stated in EU founding treaties and a currency is in existence.

??? I don't remember Livingston being expelled.

Even if true that the EU wants to become a state, where did you get the bit about it being controlled by Germany? Are you aware that in EU voting, Germany frequently gets outvoted?
When the United States of Europe is created, don't say I didn't warn you

Oh.
Because 'when' it happens the first thing I was going to say was 'if only i'd listened to adam9317 on TSR'

Meh, Hitler or something.
Oh.
Because 'when' it happens the first thing I was going to say was 'if only i'd listened to adam9317 on TSR'

Meh, Hitler or something.

Well, after all your rights are taken away; then your life would be very different- and its not just me saying this!
Well, after all your rights are taken away; then your life would be very different- and its not just me saying this!

How do you imagine all rights will be removed exactly? Given that all EU policies are voted on by the EU Parliament and approved by national Parliaments.

Oh ffs.

Bloke #1 likes chilli sauce but is a murderer.

Bloke #2 likes chilli sauce too but is very peaceful.

Never mind. This proves that Blokes #1 and #2 are exactly identical in every single way.
Original post by Fullofsurprises
How do you imagine all rights will be removed exactly? Given that all EU policies are voted on by the EU Parliament and approved by national Parliaments.

All you have to do is listen to Mr Nigel Farage, and his many speeches; and you will be able to understand!
All you have to do is listen to Mr Nigel Farage, and his many speeches; and you will be able to understand!

He's not the messiah.

He's a dodgy city trader who entered politics as an idealist at first, but then became the thing he despises the most- a promise breaking, crooked career politician, who when he realized that actually people share his libertarian worldview decided to adopt anti immigration stances.

He gets put in place very nicely by James O brien on LBC.

I don't feel very convinced by that proposal. :nah:

So which of my rights will be taken away? Go on be specific.
So which of my rights will be taken away? Go on be specific.

Put it simply; they are trying to erode democracy.

The EU is not just the 1 parliament that you elect your MEPs to, there are many various ones, the EU commission, the EU council, so many, with members in them; with unelected people presiding them.

Its not what rights are being taken away now, its the longer term, 10 years down the line- what their intention will be.
Put it simply; they are trying to erode democracy.

The EU is not just the 1 parliament that you elect your MEPs to, there are many various ones, the EU commission, the EU council, so many, with members in them; with unelected people presiding them.

Its not what rights are being taken away now, its the longer term, 10 years down the line- what their intention will be.

That's not putting it simply, that's evading the question.
I asked you to name one single right that the EU has taken away from me or will take away from me and you can't name any, not one.

So i'll give you another chance. Can you name a single right which the EU has or will take away from me?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending