The Student Room Group

Predictions: Character & Voice AQA Poetry

I've looked through past papers and have seen since Jan 2013 Clown Punk, Checking Out..., Ozymandias, Medusa, Give, Hunchback and Ruined Maid haven't come up. I don't know if these are therefore more likely to come up, but does anyone have any predictions please? Many thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
as far as I was told from my (unreliable nlg) teacher:

clown punk
checking out
medusa
give
ozymandias
hunchback
ruined maid
Original post by animeamanda1412
as far as I was told from my (unreliable nlg) teacher:

clown punk
checking out
medusa
give
ozymandias
hunchback
ruined maid

Haha - thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's either gonna be give/ruined maid, my teacher said. She's been through the older papers too. But Idk btw.
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
I think it's either gonna be give/ruined maid, my teacher said. She's been through the older papers too. But Idk btw.

Thank you - I'd like it to be Give! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loool I hope. It's so short and simple. :five:
Original post by SoDoneWithSchool
Loool I hope. It's so short and simple. :five:

Haha indeed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to dislike that one but yeah there's quite a lot to say! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by hettyshaw
Haha - thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

anytime bro :tongue:
Reply 9
hope to GOD that Ozymandias and Checking Out Me History - don't come up i will actually cry
I've checked the papers since 2011 and they've never repeated a poem except for My Last Duchess which was used in 2011 and last year, so the only ones that haven't been used yet is The Ruined Maid and Give so it could be one of them.
Original post by fauziaa
I've checked the papers since 2011 and they've never repeated a poem except for My Last Duchess which was used in 2011 and last year, so the only ones that haven't been used yet is The Ruined Maid and Give so it could be one of them.

I'd happily take Give but would hope if Ruined Made another decent option! (Unless of course both given!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by glow123
hope to GOD that Ozymandias and Checking Out Me History - don't come up i will actually cry

Yeah I definitely don't won't Checking Out... and Ozymandias I don't mind if the questions as basic as power but that's unlikely - I'd be gutted if options were History one or Ruined Maid! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by hettyshaw
Yeah I definitely don't won't Checking Out... and Ozymandias I don't mind if the questions as basic as power but that's unlikely - I'd be gutted if options were History one or Ruined Maid! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah i hate ruined maid!!!!!!! question id LOVE to come up is something about isolation in hunchback or clown punk!! can ramble for ages about that!! really hope the unseen is alright too! :smile:
If Medusa (or preferably a poem that can easily be compared to Medusa) comes up I will probably just cry with happiness. Really hoping for a question about jealousy or relationships.
Original post by Lelanor
If Medusa (or preferably a poem that can easily be compared to Medusa) comes up I will probably just cry with happiness. Really hoping for a question about jealousy or relationships.

Me too! I'd just go straight for Les Grands Seigneurs and leave the exam hall laughing with happiness.

Why doesn't anyone like Checking Out Me History though? I hate re-writing its name every couple of sentences but I have lots to say about it
Original post by CaptErin
Me too! I'd just go straight for Les Grands Seigneurs and leave the exam hall laughing with happiness.

Why doesn't anyone like Checking Out Me History though? I hate re-writing its name every couple of sentences but I have lots to say about it

I like Les Grands Seigneurs too, the only problem is that I'd probably just spell it wrong every time :laugh:

If there's a question where I can comlare LGS to Medusa, paired with unseen I may just manage to get my grade up to an A*. I told myself I'd give up chocolate for September if I get an A* in lit, and I just really want to do it in spite of the fact my english teacher hasn't been too great.

I'm not too sure about COMH, it was one of the first poems we looked at and none of us really understood how to analyse poetry and I have hardly any notes, so I need to go over it before Friday.
Original post by glow123
ah i hate ruined maid!!!!!!! question id LOVE to come up is something about isolation in hunchback or clown punk!! can ramble for ages about that!! really hope the unseen is alright too! :smile:

I'm just the same!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaptErin

I've tried self analysing it, watching Mr Bruff etc but my teacher never went through it so it just feels less confident - I'm gonna do a practice paragraph of comparison for all less confident though so prepared for anything! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
River god and the ruined maid <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending