The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaylakatherine
Hm you would probably get at least a mark but for self report I think you're supposed to talk about questionnaires (closed/open questions) & interviews (unstructured/semi-structured/structured) :h:

Ohh..:biggrin:
Reply 141
What did everyone pick for the Orphan studies evaluation multiple choice question? I picked ethical issues and control group.
Original post by Mina_
I think I put down the one about the control group and also they could study the long term effects

I did the same :smile:
Guys, I put Korenz Lorenz , and it's supposed to be Konraz Lorenz
I also put John Harlow but its actually Harry Harlow will i still get 2 out of 2??
Reply 144
It didn't say to outline you had to give 2 studies for stm like Peterson & Peterson.. & Miller
Original post by vezuxiii
Honestly this question puzzled me so hard at first that's what I thought you had to do but the question said outline psychological research on the stm of the multi memory model. It's specifically asking for the short term memory so outlining the multi memory model wouldn't be the right answer in my personal opinion I might be wrong but I put the study of Peterson and Peterson duration might be completely wrong though

I wrote about Peterson and Peterson as well for duration and Jacobs for capacity
Reply 146
<6 is more than 6, right?
Reply 147
I think it was all a pile of ****
Reply 148
Original post by feifj

Less than 6
Original post by feifj

I thought it was less than so I put 2 students
Original post by vezuxiii
Honestly this question puzzled me so hard at first that's what I thought you had to do but the question said outline psychological research on the stm of the multi memory model. It's specifically asking for the short term memory so outlining the multi memory model wouldn't be the right answer in my personal opinion I might be wrong but I put the study of Peterson and Peterson duration might be completely wrong though

Yeah i think you're right tbh looking back, I didn't know what It meant by research into the STM part specifically.
Original post by feifj

No it's less than 6 !!
For the working memory question can you outline and evaluate the working memory model with dual task etc and the limitations of the central executive? I honestly didnt even notice that the question did not have the word model in and alot of my friends did about tulving and coding and retrieval failure. Am I completely wrong or will i get some marks?
There was an application question on a girl called Abi and you had to relate it to IWM, What did people write for that because it was a 6 marker and I really struggled to get more than 2 :') I just rambled on about other studies e.g. Bowlby and just random ones and applied it
Original post by maxtheloo
Guys, I put Korenz Lorenz , and it's supposed to be Konraz Lorenz
I also put John Harlow but its actually Harry Harlow will i still get 2 out of 2??

I'm not sure mate since the examiner only looks for the surname. However I think you may have screwed yourself over by writing the wrong first names- you would have definitely got the marks if you only wrote their surnames( because that all you need).
Original post by Jessicasmithh777
For the working memory question can you outline and evaluate the working memory model with dual task etc and the limitations of the central executive? I honestly didnt even notice that the question did not have the word model in and alot of my friends did about tulving and coding and retrieval failure. Am I completely wrong or will i get some marks?

I literally only outlined and evaluated it too
Reply 156
Original post by shaylakatherine
No it's less than 6 !!

Ahh! Maths will be the death of me!
Original post by feifj
What did everyone pick for the Orphan studies evaluation multiple choice question? I picked ethical issues and control group.

I put the control group and the measure over time one ( as it was a longitudinal study )
Original post by lucasbaker
Is anyone working on an unofficial mark scheme? I've started to write down the question I can remember here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit?usp=sharing Add whatever you can remember if you want.

If this gets finished, please tag me and I'll promo it for you :h:

Fingers crossed for everyone today :crossedf: Twitter doesn't seem too happy about the exam so I hope it was okay...!
Original post by Jessicasmithh777

Humn i dont know how they went on to theories of forgeting in this question. I did exactly the same as you. The working memory model. It did say theories and this is a theory so i think you have made a good answer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending