The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology PSYA1/PSYA2 Revision Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abirella
Thank You. I was confused because people were talking about Milgram question.

Me too! I thought I missed out a page or something haha
Guys is it okay if i said that the strange situation is based around western culture and that it may not be relevant if performed in other cultures. BUT i forgot to mention that its imposed etic so do i still get the mark :s-smilie:
Original post by the.chantele
I put range and mean

me too, i didn't put median do u still think it's a mark
Original post by Anaw015
I read the question wrong then because I thought it said one example so I linked all of them to one

No, you did it wrong BUT you will gain 4 marks or 3 depends.

Its out of 6 right?

If so...you might gain 4 marks.
Original post by sophieee0933
me too, i didn't put median do u still think it's a mark

There are many you could have put l was debating whether to put median or range so l put range.

I love 2 questions in he paper:

Researcher A and Research B where you had to put Harlow with the rhesus monkeys and Lorenz with the geese
I put Lorenz Korenz But the forename is not right, will i still get a mark ?? did the same with harlow :frown:
Original post by maxtheloo
I put Lorenz Korenz But the forename is not right, will i still get a mark ?? did the same with harlow :frown:

So what did you put? Lorenz Korenz and Harlow Parlow ? :smile: YES you would still get the marks for the first names they don't take away marks for adding info they only add give marks.
Predictions for unit 2?
I put Korenz Lorenz and John Harlow, should get the marks right ?
Original post by Yukio.X
Wow u were accurate

I know! Slightly wrong with the Milgram but still thought it'd be on variations and an 8 Marker purely based on the fact that last years included a 12 mark on studies of social influence so i thought they're not going to give you a study but variation.

The strange situation prediction was a hit :wink:

And the 12 marker was on the working not multistore but there was a 6 marker on types of LTM :smile:
Hi I'm new to this discussion I also sat this exam today so glad its over n done with but next week all over again :angry: lol.
How did people find the exam, I thought the social influence section was really nice, personally I found memory the essay question a bit iffy. I'm not to sure if I did it right but I defined central executive, phonological loop, visuo-spatial sketchpad and episodic buffer then gave research evidence for them. Then I evaluated the wmm as a whole but I'm not to sure if that was right though would I get marks for that. I found attachment okay as well.
What did everyone put for types of LTM?
Bearing in mind there was a case study to it
The last 12 marker though?! I was expecting an 'explain and evaluate' but instead it said 'Discuss' anyone else get confused at that?
For the Stm multi-store questions I put Miller 7+/-2 and Peterson and Jacobs and explained how they affected arm eg new information displaced old as limited in capacity and that as it is in a fragile state and can quickly disappear you have to repeat it over and over again.

Was it right?
Original post by Anaw015
For the Stm multi-store questions I put Miller 7+/-2 and Peterson and Jacobs and explained how they affected arm eg new information displaced old as limited in capacity and that as it is in a fragile state and can quickly disappear you have to repeat it over and over again.

Was it right?

i dont think displacement in STM was in this spec so not sure if you will get marks for it :s-smilie:
Reply 175
I assumed multi-store model, as it was to do with rehearsal, would be the serial position effect - primary and recency?

I did horrible though. Thought I was making great time, took my time on what I thought was my last question (the 12-marker). Had another quick flick through with just over 10-minutes to go....and realized I'd somehow completely skipped the other 12 marker and the 6-marker in the same section.

Hustled down and just wrote for my life. But, there is no way I picked-up anymore than half marks them. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind today though. I usually relish in exams...but today I just wanted to run away, the wording of it all was frustrating and I didn't feel comfortable. I rarely drop more than a couple of marks in my mocks though, and I could have nailed the ones I missed.

I'm better at the next paper, anyway...so I'm gonna leave no stone unturned and try to get near-enough full marks in the hope I can balance it out, and come-out with a good enough grade. Least this doesn't count towards the full A-level. Trying for medicine though - and I'm usually straight A's - so I'm feeling so emotional/angry.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ok so I remembered Harlow's name wrong and put Herlitz (I was thinking about Lorenz at the same time so I mixed them together) Would they still know who I was talking about?
To be honest, im revising for the second paper to try and ace it and gain...almost full marks.

I want that A!!
Lol, the way you guys are talking about this on a thread designed for the new spec. :colonhash:
Reply 179
I have come to the conclusion that, the CGP revision book that I've mostly relied on is rubbish for the new spec' - not once does it mention 'self-report', for example. CGP has been great for biology A-level though.

I'd sell-it-on, if it wasn't for the fear of dooming someone one else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending