The Student Room Group

Ocr economics f581 (16/05) and/or f582 (23/05) retakes

Scroll to see replies

now to start revising for f582, anyone got any tips? need to make up the marks with this paper!!
Given that you can virtually draw any diagram in the 18marker I drew a neg externalities of production diagram indication overproduction and how to correct market failure by bringing production back to Qsoc. I hope this would be ok to achieve L3B2? thanks
Reply 242
I did the same. I said how it increases costs of production and how they have to buy the permit etc. Not sure if it is right!
Reply 243
Original post by Sophieem28
now to start revising for f582, anyone got any tips? need to make up the marks with this paper!!

After the f581 paper we just had, no one knows what the hell they'll add...
Reply 244
hi i was wondering if it is possible to get marks on the elasticities question as i only used the figure that i calculate fro 2011 and interpreted and i didnt compare it to other years. btw im dreading the grade boundaries for this exam because i feel like crap about my perfromance
can you get penalised for writing too much? i used a whole additional paper booklet and wrote more than the lines for even the elasticities question. most of the time it was becuase i didnt know what to write so basically just wrote everything i knew.
Reply 246
Original post by Sophieem28
can you get penalised for writing too much? i used a whole additional paper booklet and wrote more than the lines for even the elasticities question. most of the time it was becuase i didnt know what to write so basically just wrote everything i knew.

you just summarised my paper. talking a load of bull and hoping at least some of it is creditworthy
Reply 247
Original post by nad_18
hi i was wondering if it is possible to get marks on the elasticities question as i only used the figure that i calculate fro 2011 and interpreted and i didnt compare it to other years. btw im dreading the grade boundaries for this exam because i feel like crap about my perfromance

It's totally unknown at this point
Reply 248
For the negative externalities question, I completely missed the fact it was about domestic fuel and spoke about emissions leading to increased health costs and as there were more cards on the road this would lead to noise pollution... any idea if I'd even get anything for this? Didn't compare elasticities either and entirely failed to recognise that it was domestic fuel and not domestic petrol, so disappointed I needed to do well on this
Reply 249
Original post by Le98
For the negative externalities question, I completely missed the fact it was about domestic fuel and spoke about emissions leading to increased health costs and as there were more cards on the road this would lead to noise pollution... any idea if I'd even get anything for this? Didn't compare elasticities either and entirely failed to recognise that it was domestic fuel and not domestic petrol, so disappointed I needed to do well on this

I feel like i did exactly the same but hoping I can scrape a B
Reply 250
Original post by 260498
I feel like i did exactly the same but hoping I can scrape a B

I need an A overall I can't believe the paper was as bad as it was :frown: came out feeling alright about it as well
Original post by Le98

I too mentioned the increased exhaust fumes leading to air pollution.
Reply 252
can anyone confirm whether the last 6 mark question was either 'comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution is as a result of information failure' or 'comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution caused by domestic fuel use is as a result of information failure'?
Reply 253
Original post by tenro
can anyone confirm whether the last 6 mark question was either 'comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution is as a result of information failure' or 'comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution caused by domestic fuel use is as a result of information failure'? Not sure if it said domestic fuel or carbon emissions though

It was the second one. Comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution caused by domestic fuel use is as a result of information failure
(edited 7 years ago)
No but seriously, look at the papers from 2009 up to around 2014. I could score pretty much full marks on each one with ease. To have stepped up the difficulty so much (from pu'er tea or 'one of the hardest' therapeutic gum papers) this paper was on a different level. It wasn't just the questions but the obscurity of domestic fuel (who really know that was only gas and electricity- why would we know about the effects of that anyways) felt that they were out to catch us all out this year (Define PPC, then draw a diagram that's not a PPC)
Okay everyone, we are somewhat finished with the unofficial mark scheme. It is on this link, you can only view it, not edit it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/19K6g3CkcVf0wVx0WZycySx3sK7yWAn8vpSQmZ5gmQxY/edit?usp=sharing

Let us know what you think, and a HUGE thanks to everyone that helped us out in making this. Let's hope we get the F582 paper sorted too. Also, sorry if I wasn't able to accept your request to access the document; I had over 200 requests from people to join, and I couldn't accept everyone.

Let me know if we got anything wrong.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 256
Original post by 260498
It was the second one. Comment on the extent to which the problem of pollution caused by domestic fuel use is as a result of information failure

Ok thanks. Made an unofficial mark scheme apart from question 12 (the 18 marker). Not been added to the mark scheme file yet and it hasn't been posted on this thread so I can't add to it. I could post what I have so far but think it'd be best to wait and add it to the file where other people can evaluate/add to it + refine the weightings of the marks
Many thanks!
Original post by tenro
Ok thanks. Made an unofficial mark scheme apart from question 12 (the 18 marker). Not been added to the mark scheme file yet and it hasn't been posted on this thread so I can't add to it. I could post what I have so far but think it'd be best to wait and add it to the file where other people can evaluate/add to it + refine the weightings of the marks

Check your e-mails, I added you earlier in the day. Would like to see your answers added to the file.

Thanks.
Reply 259
what would the grade boundary predictions be for this exam. i hoping for like a 40-41 for an A and 34-35 for a B

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending