The Student Room Group

Official AQA AS Level New Spec Psychology: Paper 1 - 16th of May

Scroll to see replies

I just wrote about the working memory model, shit😂
Original post by Jessicasmithh777
For the working memory question can you outline and evaluate the working memory model with dual task etc and the limitations of the central executive? I honestly didnt even notice that the question did not have the word model in and alot of my friends did about tulving and coding and retrieval failure. Am I completely wrong or will i get some marks?

Isn't dual task the multi store model?

Posted from TSR Mobile
guys how did you find the exam in general and the 12 marks especially ???
did you all finish the exam paper??
also for long term memory qs if you get them muddled up would you think you lost marks??
Original post by asharma10
that was a good exam. what do u think the grade boundaries will be considering it is a new specimen

tbh considering everyone found it easy there is a chance that the grade boundaries will be high :frown:
I'm so angry I was doing great in the exam but then I got to memory and mixed up the multi store model 6 marker and the working memory model 12 marker so I wrote the opposite model for each question! I knew all the content but I just mixed them up last minute 😭 I'm so upset and I really wanted an A but I now I don't know if I can because I've just lost 18 marks out of 72 straight away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Workangel_24
Yes

Ah okay thank you! :smile:
Original post by Hannzz98

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope - dual is definitely working memory model :smile:
Original post by Hannzz98

Posted from TSR Mobile

no its for working memory model its a strength
For the question on self report I wrote about how it involves the participants recording their own answer/opinion (information) I also noticed that the participants were asked to give a value of milgrams research and the ethical concern a score. So I thought it was a structured interview (a self report technique/method) structured because the participants were asked the same question. Also the structured interview allows comparison. I don't know if I'm right tho..
For the working memory question can you outline and evaluate the working memory model with dual task etc and the limitations of the central executive? I honestly didnt even notice that the question did not have the word model in and alot of my friends did about tulving and coding and retrieval failure. Am I completely wrong or will i get some marks?

Why would they write about Tulving and retrieval failure when that's under forgetting? You should get marks anyway because the working memory model should come under working memory
Original post by amelienine
Why would they write about Tulving and retrieval failure when that's under forgetting? You should get marks anyway because the working memory model should come under working memory

What else bar the model could you have wrote about?
What else bar the model could you have wrote about?

I wrote 100% on WMM. You could have still gotten full marks for that... You could evaluate by giving studies that support it, and its limitations
Reply 92
I wrote about Clive Wearing for the STM question - do you think this will pass?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93
Oh Darn that was awful xD
I found the paper easy/okay but I'm not sure i wrote the correct things. The Ainsworth question was a gift from heaven honestly.
But what the hell was that other 12 marker? I could only think of Baddeley's research on the anticlockwise capital F and tracing the dot of light, but nothing else came to mind.
Also, I was thinking of putting Altricial for Harlow and Precocial for Lorenz, but I ended up naming the animals instead.
Original post by Skyliee
Oh Darn that was awful xD
I found the paper easy/okay but I'm not sure i wrote the correct things. The Ainsworth question was a gift from heaven honestly.
But what the hell was that other 12 marker? I could only think of Baddeley's research on the anticlockwise capital F and tracing the dot of light, but nothing else came to mind.
Also, I was thinking of putting Altricial for Harlow and Precocial for Lorenz, but I ended up naming the animals instead.

For the 12 marker on working memory, I also spoke about how the central executive component has not been fully researched on, so the theory is still ongoing.
I also spoke about KF, which also shows there are two different components in the working memory model- verbal and visual.
Then i evaluated that and said- but you can't generalise from case studies
I also spoke about dual task performance
**And finally about how long term memory is separate from stm, because Beardsley did brain scans and found when people were asked to do ltm compared to stm tasks, the prefrontal cortex lit up.** (I don't know if this point actually counts, lol- i was desperate for more evaluation D: ).
Reply 95
Original post by cocapopsxx
tbh considering everyone found it easy there is a chance that the grade boundaries will be high :frown:

I'm thinking the same! But they can't be too harsh can they?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending