The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Unofficial mark scheme anyone? The one in page 1 is a mess
Reply 221
Original post by ashpittawayx
OMG! i wont about anxiety too! so happy someone else has to but i dunno if it was right at all x

I wouldn't be happy bout it. Anxiety has nothing to do with memory? daaa fk ?
Reply 222
Original post by Whatwhy
I wonder too! I put drawing attention, consistency and snowball effect.

All I can see is people saying consistency, commitment and flexibility which makes sense but altogether it's worth 6 marks so I'm really concerned
Original post by HBeau
I put augmentation principle, snowball effect and deeper processing for the 3 behaviours! Do you think this would count?

I do not think it would count because it was referring to the actual behaviours of consistency, commitment and flexibility rather than explaining how minority influenced works. However, who knows that the mark scheme will include
Original post by maxtheloo
what did everyone put in the multiple choice for romanian studies, i put the compare control and long term/ short term, is those 2 right ???!

I put that too but after having looked at my textbook, i don't think the one about long term effects is correct because one of the limitations it says is "long-term effects are not yet clear". Sigh. :s-smilie:
Reply 225
Original post by LauranX
I do not think it would count because it was referring to the actual behaviours of consistency, commitment and flexibility rather than explaining how minority influenced works. However, who knows that the mark scheme will include

I agree with you. I don't think marks would be awarded for it, however what I like about AQA is that at the bottom of most question it says

"Give credit for any other relevant information"

Got to love AQA
Hey which one was the 8 marker? I agree with the WMM question. I put about how clive wearing showed there were different types of ltm and therefore the wmm was right and the msm was wrong also each componant functions and dual task performance. The strange situation was good but some of the questions were just so wierd like the animal studies one, not what I expected at all, and the research methods plopped in the middle of social like that was a stroke of pure evil :frown:
Is this the resit or the new spec?
Does anyone have any rough estimations on grade boundaries?
Is it right to think around 80% for an A?
Original post by Drunq
I agree with you. I don't think marks would be awarded for it, however what I like about AQA is that at the bottom of most question it says

"Give credit for any other relevant information"

Got to love AQA

However, they tend to be quite picky as to what counts as relevant information. How did you find the paper?
Original post by Numero Uno
Is this the resit or the new spec?

This is the new spec
What did everyone put for types of LTM? did you refer to the case study?
For question one would you get credit for saying "don't act out of self intrest"?
Original post by __Grace1999
Does anyone have any rough estimations on grade boundaries?
Is it right to think around 80% for an A?

Probably 50 - 55 marks which is about 70%
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by orlaaaxx
the 12 marker question for attachment was something like "discuss the strange situation in assessing attachment types"
did we have to outline it in detail? or is it mainly evaluation ??
. I was also very confused by this. I outlined and evaluated just to have all basis covered but they do word the questions really really baddeley (lol)
Original post by Drunq
This was very easy. The three types were Procedural, Episodic and Semantic.

Annie was Procedure
Gab was Episodic
and the last guy or girl was Semantic. 6 words 6 marks.

I agree with Anna
I re read the question so many times yet put all the three types of LTM to one person - Annie
I made a stupid mistake

The question was stupid it could have been much clearer!
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
Probably 50 - 55 marks which is about 70%

I hope soooo or less lmao
Reply 237
Original post by LauranX
However, they tend to be quite picky as to what counts as relevant information. How did you find the paper?

I actually found it really decent. I went into college quite early and revised my ass off for the last 4 hours. I probably got myself an A or a B, however the thing is, the first paper, grade boundaries are divided by 4 marks. Literally fking up one 12 mark answer, that's the difference between three grade boundaries.

What about you? How did you do ?
Reply 238
Original post by rajneetk
I agree with Anna
I re read the question so many times yet put all the three types of LTM to one person - Annie
I made a stupid mistake

The question was stupid it could have been much clearer!

That should be 4/6 marks. Which is not bad, only 2 marks dropped.
what did people do for the working memory question? :frown:

Quick Reply