The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by Abirella
I was also confused with that. :biggrin:
But it's less I guess and I said the answer was 2

i think the answer was greater than 6. Yes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by feifj
What did everyone pick for the Orphan studies evaluation multiple choice question? I picked ethical issues and control group.

I didn't put ethical issues because they're taking advantage of an existing ethically sensitive area of research. The researchers didn't have to create ethical issues, they just tested what was already happening.
Original post by charrose4x
i legit can't think of any others!!

looking at the mark scheme is just scaring me haha

where is the mark scheme?
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
For the first question (Marcus one) I put the behaviors as being consistency, persuasiveness and confidence - would these be right?

Consistency you will get the mark, I feel as though persuasiveness is the same as consistency almost? You'll maybe get confidence ( I say maybe because the mark scheme will say something about augmentation principle)
Original post by The Panic Queen
The question about 'name 2 variables in Asch's study' was really weirdly written don't you think?!

It was a bit yeah, especially the way it casually mentoined two limitiations at the end could have been easily missed, although i think it was one of the nicer questions on the paper beucase it specifically said variations of asch (unanimity and task difficulty). And for the limiations i just talked about low mundane realism and something else i cant remember. What do you think?
Original post by Helen30
For the question about LTM: I am sure it had the word ‘one’ in bold... made me think we needed to chose one person to fit all 3 examples of LTM.
Anyone else get confused over the word 'one' in bold?

Yes I was too! At first I was like this is a great question and wrote the answer confidently. Then I looked at the question again and it said ONE EXAMPLE I was like wth? :biggrin: I just matched each memory to each person and then I explained each long term memory : Procedural, Semantic and Episodic
Original post by sophieee0933
I didn't put ethical issues because they're taking advantage of an existing ethically sensitive area of research. The researchers didn't have to create ethical issues, they just tested what was already happening.

I picked control group and long term.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 267
Does anyone know the two correct answers for the Romanian Orphanages multiple choice?
Consistency you will get the mark, I feel as though persuasiveness is the same as consistency almost? You'll maybe get confidence ( I say maybe because the mark scheme will say something about augmentation principle)

I thought it was consistency, flexibility and committmend

Posted from TSR Mobile
So is everyone looking forward to next weeks paper? :wink:

Yeah, hmm... I'm not sure. Consistency, flexibility and commitment seem obvious to me now. Hopefully I'll get some more marks for it :frown:
I said for the 3 behaviour one(first question) ;
1) consistency
2) Flexinility
3) Augmentation (is this wrong???)
Original post by HPanimadPJO
It was a bit yeah, especially the way it casually mentoined two limitiations at the end could have been easily missed, although i think it was one of the nicer questions on the paper beucase it specifically said variations of asch (unanimity and task difficulty). And for the limiations i just talked about low mundane realism and something else i cant remember. What do you think?

I wrote task difficulty and anonymity (is this different to unanimity? :/) aswell. For the limitations I talked about it being a lab experiment therefore highly replicable and I also said that it was an all male sample therefore not representative for women
Original post by missytwinpeaks
I thought it was consistency, flexibility and committmend

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what I wrote!
Original post by Rahad177
1) consistency
2) Flexinility

Loads of people have said augmentation principle but i dont know what it is?
I just put consistency, committment, and flexibility
anyone else refer to Bailey et al 2007 for the question about IWM?
Original post by Rahad177
1) consistency
2) Flexinility

Nope, spot on!
I wrote task difficulty and anonymity (is this different to unanimity? :/) aswell. For the limitations I talked about it being a lab experiment therefore highly replicable and I also said that it was an all male sample therefore not representative for women

Firstly, Yes it matters as anonymity is not knowing who said which answer unanimity is whether the group all agree. HE CHANGED THE UNANIMITY.

And the first point you make is incorrect, in general yes that's an evaluation point however being replicable is a STRENGTH NOT A LIMITATION :frown:
Original post by HPanimadPJO
Loads of people have said augmentation principle but i dont know what it is?
I just put consistency, committment, and flexibility

Augmentation principle is basically sacrificing for their view so it links in with commitment (you'll get the mark)

Anonymity is different from unanimity yes, the first is when the majority dont know what the P answered (eg, the P wrote their answer down in private) i think, which is also a variation i was taught, and the second is when the majoirty dont all give the same answer (same as social support), both would lower conformity.
And i think highly replicable would be a good thing? Becuase you can get similar results so the experiment is more reliable
The rest is right imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending