The Student Room Group

How Much GCSE Revision Do You REALLY Need?

Scroll to see replies

Agreed. Although I was doing SGs and I'm not sure how they and GCSEs compare, but all I did was brush up on anything I hadn't been paid attention to in class - a lot of my year, me included :colondollar:, spent a lot of time messing around between 3rd year and mid 4th year - and then a couple of past papers for most subjects. Starting two weeks before the exams until the end of the exams (~6 weeks) I estimate I worked every third or fourth day, for a maximum of two hours.. I got distracted frequently.

I thought the exams were fairly easy. Expect 1s but I might get a disappointing 2 in there, knowing my luck.
Reply 21
As long as you have a good grasp on the subject, very little revision is needed, and it is very important not to do too much revision because when you get to A levels, when it really matters, you'll have burned out.
Do as much revision as you feel you need, but don't do anything you'll regret later.
I got 8 A*s 2 As at GCSE, save maths, I just revised a day before each subject. At GCSE it's mostly exam technique or memorization.
Original post by letsbehonest
Absolutely. I'm fairly intelligent.

Started physics revision earlier this month for 2 or 3 days, then got bored of it and doing some final prep today for the exam. Hopefully I'll get a decent grade.

hope you'll get a good grade too but if u get bored just try different techniques I used to always get bored revising and leave it too but now I am taking my gcse's a bit more seriously - think of the end result:smile:
Original post by gcse week
hope you'll get a good grade too but if u get bored just try different techniques I used to always get bored revising and leave it too but now I am taking my gcse's a bit more seriously - think of the end result:smile:

you do realise that this was posted four years ago, right?
Reply 25
as long as concetr8 inj lesons then I fink you you wil pas dem with 4s coz dats wa:biggrin:t I got

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending