The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yeah but if someone said that the witnesses would've said so because literally everyone knows what "Allahu ackbar" sounds like
See mah point? No? Okeh ._.

Yeah true hopefully the suspect is jailed forever tho - world's ****ed up enough as it is we don't need people running round hurting others for things they can't control smh :colonhash:
Original post by z33
Yeah but if someone said that the witnesses would've said so because literally everyone knows what "Allahu ackbar" sounds like
See mah point? No? Okeh ._.

Yeah true hopefully the suspect is jailed forever tho - world's ****ed up enough as it is we don't need people running round hurting others for things they can't control smh :colonhash:

Maybe they did but the newspapers didn't report it because it would be too un-PC?

I agree with you though, he needs to get a good long sentence and not to be let off lightly although with the state of the British justice system I don't hold out much hope for that happening
Religion of Pieces
Reply 103
Hmmmm maybe because of the recent 'faked terrorist attack' in Manchester and stuff

I hope he does, he's a danger to society and if he gets let off lightly then other people are gonna start doing the same **** cos they think they'll get away with it just like him.
Religion of Pieces
What the attacker did was really bad and not needed but also it's not necessary to mention that it was Muslim either.
Original post by Jebedee
If anything that proves how Islam is unequal.

Surely you understood my sarcasm tho?
Original post by Ananaz
Surely you understood my sarcasm tho?

Not really.
Original post by neal95
well your mob didnt stick to the principle "innocent until proven guilty" when kesha falsely accused dr luke of rape/sexual assault. when it suited your peoples agenda it was fine to dispense with that practice wasnt it. it was a witch hunt, with the feminsit mob joining forces with the SJW squad

I have a mob? That's news to me wow, wonder if I can get them to all dress up and reenact medieval battles.

All I see from your reply is a desperate attempt, knowing you have no argument, to completely change the subject and accuse me of something I have not even remotely touched on in an attempt to smear myself to make it look like you have a case. If you have a valid reply and actually want to argue what I've said then then feel free to, don't delve to the levels some politicians do to try and come back to something when they know they have no argument.

Original post by Ananaz
Oh please. If a rape victim came to you saying they've been raped would you also want to know the full details before passing judgement? Yes, there's a chance this wasn't due to a religious motive but 99% it was.

Yes I would, I would console them of course, and make sure they were listened to and respected, but I would want the full information, testimony from everybody involved, as much forensic tests as possible to attain what happened, so justice can be fulfilled, and not see a mockery of the law
Reply 109
Original post by Tawheed
Islam does not condone such actions. Yes, we believe homosexuality is a sin, but islamically:

1. You should never take the law into your own hands.
2. You must obey the law of the lands
3. Nothing in Islam allows you to go and assault someone who simply identifies as gay.

So i condemn the actions, and this flies in the face of what i believe in.
But you find it acceptable that, under the correct circumstances, the man could be punished - up to and including execution - for being actively gay.

And this position is somehow "moral".
Reply 110
Original post by Tawheed
This is great. Try to paint muslims as anti-semitic by using the reverse sarcasm psychology. If i were a PR firm trying to discredit muslims and employing online agents, this is exactly what i would ask them to do, use and satire and sarcsm to push the anti-semitism image.

Forget the fact by turning anti-semitism into a joke, real cases of it won't get dealt with in the serious level they ought to.
Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him." - Bukhari 52:177

Don't know about individual Muslims, but Muhammad didn't seem too keen on them, so by association, neither was Allah.
Reply 111
Original post by z33
Also regarding 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' - what do they mean? Because Quranic verses aren't the only thing in Arabic, the guy could've been shouting "i love apples" in Arabic and that could sound like 'Muslim stuff' to non-Arabic speakers.
Just saying.
The report says "shouting all this Muslim stuff", not "shouting in Arabic".

If he had said "shouting all this Christian stuff", would you have assumed that the attacker was speaking Aramaic or Koine Greek?
Original post by Jebedee
Not really.

Well, that's not really my problem tho, is it? :lolwut:
Original post by ForgetMe
What the attacker did was really bad and not needed but also it's not necessary to mention that it was Muslim either.

I strongly disagree. Certain religions and nationalities are just more prone to having a large number of homophobes. When you cover that up with PC ******** that anyone can be homophobic (yes, thank you for stating the obvious), you're inevitably lying to yourself because it is a fact that the attacker was a Muslim and it is a fact that many Muslims are homophobic. Doesn't mean every single one is but anyone with a brain cell would know that.
6 ft 6 and got put to sleep now thats embarassing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tawheed
Only men are allowed to marry christians or jews. This is not about men vs women, only about the antisemitism. Why would muslim men be allowed to marry jews?

Of course they can marry but you're omitting an important point! First the Christian or Jewish female would have to convert to Islam. It's a political religion geared to towards spreading Islam in the world so it would be counter-productive if Muslim women were allowed to marry men of different faiths. That would only serve to decrease rather than increase the number of Muslims in the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by z33
Also regarding 'shouting all this Muslim stuff' - what do they mean? Because Quranic verses aren't the only thing in Arabic, the guy could've been shouting "i love apples" in Arabic and that could sound like 'Muslim stuff' to non-Arabic speakers.
Just saying.

It doesn't excuse the crime tho, disgusting and vile just like all other hate crimes no matter the motivation. And I hope someone knuckledusts that guys jaw.

Omg true
Original post by Ananaz
I strongly disagree. Certain religions and nationalities are just more prone to having a large number of homophobes. When you cover that up with PC ******** that anyone can be homophobic (yes, thank you for stating the obvious), you're inevitably lying to yourself because it is a fact that the attacker was a Muslim and it is a fact that many Muslims are homophobic. Doesn't mean every single one is but anyone with a brain cell would know that.

thats not true though what are you saying
As a gay man, I find it interesting that you identify him as a Muslim first and homophobe second. You also imply it's religiously (specifically, Islam) motivated but conveniently don't offer any commentary on the structural homophobia present in our society due to Christian influence. This kind of homophobia isn't unique to Islam and using the gay community to try and curry favour for your Islamophobia is kind of gross.

Hopefully any young LGBT* people on here will have enough sense to realise if your Islamphobic sentiments were realised and by some method or another, practice of Islam came to an end in the UK, people like you would no doubt immediately turn on the next marginalised community - which could well be our own.
Original post by artful_lounger
As a gay man, I find it interesting that you identify him as a Muslim first and homophobe second. You also imply it's religiously (specifically, Islam) motivated but conveniently don't offer any commentary on the structural homophobia present in our society due to Christian influence. This kind of homophobia isn't unique to Islam and using the gay community to try and curry favour for your Islamophobia is kind of gross.

Hopefully any young LGBT* people on here will have enough sense to realise if your Islamphobic sentiments were realised and by some method or another, practice of Islam came to an end in the UK, people like you would no doubt immediately turn on the next marginalised community - which could well be our own.

Isn't unique to Islam but it shouldn't be protected like it is by the government when there is a sizeable population that are at the very least are thinking you are a sin in this world and need to be "redeemed" somehow, usually resulting in death.

I don't think the police and the government do enough to make it clear to these religions that their religions are not law of the land and should respect that or face the punishment for it but for whatever reason they won't do this and seem to even fear them for some reason.

Latest