The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language: What mark do I need to get in the exam to get a B grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joe.and21
Can i still get a B grade overall if my controlled assessments are at C grade and i get an A in the exam?

Yes, supposedly.. The A could pull the C up to a B as long as it's not too low :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Gwan fuk ya sel !!!! :colone: :colone:
Reply 22
sorry
Hi guys I have got 18 out of 30 from my control assessment .could any one tell me what is the score? Thanks
if I was to get two a stars for my Spanish aqa gcse controlled assessments. And say two b's for reading and listening what grade would I get. What would be the minimum score needed to get an A I'm my reading and listening papers if I got two a stars for controlled assessments
My coursework for english lit is a c, if was to get a b in my exam what would i get overall??
Reply 26
hi
i am a English teacher and to get b grade you need to get 52 in your exam to get overall b
Hi can anyone help me work my grade out please aiming for final grade c .
I got 9/10 (c) for poetry, 9+8 for creative writing (d/c), 10 (c) for mice n men , 12(b) for romeo n juliet and 11 & 9 for creative writing.what do i need for my exam
Hi all i got 55/80 for my controlled assessments can anyone tell me what grade that is and what i need to score on my exam which i did today as not feeling all that confident
How do you work out what you got out of 80. I got 23/30, 15 and 15/30 (creative writing) and 19/20 for spoken language study. Thanks.
All controlled assessments have to be moderated so nobody can tell you what final mark you will get.

The conversion of raw marks to UMS won't have been decided yet as it changes each year ...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by aamir3213
How do you work out what you got out of 80. I got 23/30, 15 and 15/30 (creative writing) and 19/20 for spoken language study. Thanks.

80 was the overall score for all so my total of 55 was for all combined...if that makes sense?
Original post by ashford996
80 was the overall score for all so my total of 55 was for all combined...if that makes sense?

How is my total 55? Doesn't seem right.
Hi could anyone tell me what the pass mark for a c grade in unit one in English lit?
It is good enough to get a B. In my mocks, for this I had gotten 50, and that was a B, and she said I had gotten a medium B, so you must be in the B range
Original post by ifzal321
hi
i am a English teacher and to get b grade you need to get 52 in your exam to get overall b

Then how much for an Overall A*?
Hi In some of my assessments I'm getting c's and some d/c borderline could you fail the assessments and do really well in the exam and still pass with a C?
Reply 37
**** you i do not have banana you freshie
Reply 38
Original post by fockyou
**** you i do not have banana you freshie

racist cont
Original post by teacherforall
Hi,

I am a teacher of English. In order to obtain a grade B overall for English Language you must have a total UMS score of 210 - I think. This means that your controlled assessments need to be of a grade A/B standard, which they are.

If you got a high B for your controlled assessments then that would be about 80 UMS and with an A in all of your speaking and listening assessments you should have gained another 49 UMS.

48/80 in the exam is grade C/B borderline. However, with 129 UMS, I think that you would be able to obtain a low B overall.

I hope that helps!

My teacher said i got a borderline C for my controlled assessments for english language, will i be able to get an A? I am doing AQA also.

Also, for Enlgish literature i got one mark away from a B, would i be able to get an A for that?

Idk what to do, i want an A...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending