The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE BIOLOGY UNIT 1 Predictions!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by surina16
If "describe what is meant by natural selection" comes up I will actually kiss the paper :biggrin:

same!! normally it's worth about 4 marks and comes up most years, although didn't for 2015 so hopefully it will make an appearance!!
Original post by shohaib712
What main topics do you think will come up on the exam paper?
and for the 6 marker?

I think the 6 marker is going to be about:
* homeostasis or Genetic engineering.

I was looking through past papers and I've never seen a 6 marker on the menstrual cycle so I have a sneaky suspicion that may make an appearance. Genetic engineering/cloning seems to be mentioned annually but more so as a 4 marker ? As for homeostasis that could also be a good shout
Original post by elizab3th
I was looking through past papers and I've never seen a 6 marker on the menstrual cycle so I have a sneaky suspicion that may make an appearance. Genetic engineering/cloning seems to be mentioned annually but more so as a 4 marker ? As for homeostasis that could also be a good shout

With Homeostasis is there 6 marks worth of stuff they could ask us? I think it might ask us to make a comparison with something because one hasn't come up in a while?
No one thinking culturing micro-organisms? For 6 marker.
Original post by EasternWelshMan

I heard other people are talking about cloning but I guess that could come up.
Original post by EasternWelshMan

I also went over that topic today because it could be a method 6 marker. I haven't seen that area either in past papers to be fair
Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 15.52.36.png
Drug Trials, Natural Selection, The Carbon Cycle, or GM Crops.
If it is an experimental 6 mark question I will be so annoyed:angry:
Original post by jazz_xox_

As far as I've seen drug trials comes up as several one markers (eg: thalidomide and why we use this as proof to **** drugs). Natural selection seems to come up frequently as a 4 marker and the carbon cycle was a 6 marker not too long ago. GM crops has also been asked about recently as a 4-5 mark question
What do you write for natural selection 6marks?
Original post by shohaib712
What main topics do you think will come up on the exam paper?
and for the 6 marker?

I think the 6 marker is going to be about:
* homeostasis or Genetic engineering.

Isn't homeostasis in unit 3 along with everything about kidneys and gylcogen and ADH etc.....
Original post by Adzkii786
What do you write for natural selection 6marks?

All about Darwin's theory of 'survival of the fittest' and that only organisms best suited to their environment survive to reproduce, the rest die. Over many generations the species develops that characteristic that allows it survive in its environment.
Original post by MBK14
Perhaps the stages of a drugs trial? Or vaccinations?

Drug trials seems to be the most likely to me... that's what other threads are saying
Original post by jazz_xox_

experimental 6 markers are fine, because you've already dome them in your ISA, so by doing the same thing again you're basically getting free marks!
would that be about how you use enzymes to cut out a specific gene?
Original post by JRT123
Methods for making a GM crop
They're going to make our paper 10x difficult, according to my teachers/others, as we are the last year so prepare for the worst. :afraid:
A six marker has not come up on the nervous system yet , I reckon they'll ask us about the reflex arc or something along those lines
Reply 37
Original post by surina16
If "describe what is meant by natural selection" comes up I will actually kiss the paper :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahha.

What would you say for GM? Pros and cons?
Reply 38
Original post by Adzkii786
They're going to make our paper 10x difficult, according to my teachers/others, as we are the last year so prepare for the worst. :afraid:

Erggg, or they might be nice! The grade boundaries are so high!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What can you write about a 6 marker for GM crops? There's not a lot in the revision guide, not as a 6 marker but I have a feeling that making insulin might come up, aswell as drug trials and the menstrual cycle (hopefully as that's so easy.)
Auxins definitely won't come up as a high mark, as that was the 2015 6 marker.
And if evolution is a 6 marker do you just compare Darwin and Lamarck or what? Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending