The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

I put **** if I am honest I put that it was a person evaluating and talking about that she thought of the experience, and that there might be specific questions for the person to answer or she can go on and on about what she thought was correct, in this case, ethical. You?
Original post by AdamBuxton34
I put about WMM and Baddeley in the 12 marker if it isn't that then what on earth could it be? Thought the Rutter MCQ was dire I nearly collapsed as I couldn't decide which one. What did you guys put about self report?
If forgot to talk about dual task performance for the WMM 12MQ, I only wrote about KF and how Baddeley explained that STM and LTM are separate. and wrote tons about Schaffer and Emerson for the last 12MQ only to realise with 5 minutes left that they didnt use the strange situation.I tried to save it by talking about Ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg, simonella and jin et al... but completely forgot about Ainsworth and didn't give statistics on attachment type.. oopsssss
I'm so annoyed at myself I didn't mention any research for the internal working model question. A lot of the questions were so weirdly worded that I found it hard to answer them specifically ugh
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
If this gets finished, please tag me and I'll promo it for you :h:

Fingers crossed for everyone today :crossedf: Twitter doesn't seem too happy about the exam so I hope it was okay...!

We've finished it now, just doing to aesthetic clean ups :smile:
Self report i didn't finish just put it could be a questionnaire which is filled out independently? Could be 2 marks/3 that haah
it was fairly easy i think, hopefully got an A!
For Asch Question you were supposed to put the differences in variables affecting conformity, eg: Group size or if all of the group conformed, if they had knowledge.
Original post by vezuxiii
glad to see people put the working memory model. My friend says on the asch line study he saw that it claimed to ask for 2 limitations but I didn't see that at all. All I saw was two variations and findings. I put the findings eg 36.8 percent and 75 percent in context. And I referred to the variations. Did anyone else see limitations for this question
Reply 327
I used Clive Wearing for the STM memory question.

Do you think that will pass or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by electrahearts
to be honest, who even knows what they wanted? the wording was so confusing, i don't even think the examiners knew what they were asking :tongue:

Lol I hope so...
But the question stated MSM so I used what I learnt from my test book :angry:

Tbh nobody knows how well they've done until results day :smile:
Original post by cattz37821
For Asch Question you were supposed to put the differences in variables affecting conformity, eg: Group size or if all of the group conformed, if they had knowledge.

Yeah I saw the limitations part. There were soo many words so I made sure I read it fully. :biggrin:
On the unofficial markscheme it only talks about Mary Ainsworths strange situation study , however the question only asks about the procedure making me think that it was referring to the cultural variations and applications of the study such as Ijzendoorn 🤔🤔🤔am I the only one
OCR's new spec was so easy. 12 marker was the best. 4 marker drawing a pie chart. Very easy multiple answer questions. Questions were overall a piece of cake.
On the strange situation as evaluation point I wrote about missing the 4th type and cross-cultural differences such as China's secure would be seen as independent and stuff, do you reckon they are creditable points?
Original post by Lmannion
On the unofficial markscheme it only talks about Mary Ainsworths strange situation study , however the question only asks about the procedure making me think that it was referring to the cultural variations and applications of the study such as Ijzendoorn 🤔🤔🤔am I the only one

I wrote about this as well but as an evaluation to the strange situation, I said that it was too western and therefore may not be applicable to other cultures (collectivist cultures).
Reply 335
Oh no! I wrote procedural for Annie, episodic for Germaine and declarative for Billy for the types of LTM question. Have I got this completely wrong? I nearly wrote semantic for Billy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Synonym
yh i remember seeing that too; but i think i might have used simplepsycholgoy or the loopa book and got those figures of 70 15 15

oh i see! well hopefully they will both be deemed correct on the mark scheme haha

How did you do this? Did you take the exam and spend he whole time memorizing the questions or something? I can never remember anything in it from the moment I leave the exam hall!
Original post by Om1
Oh no! I wrote procedural for Annie, episodic for Germaine and declarative for Billy for the types of LTM question. Have I got this completely wrong? I nearly wrote semantic for Billy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Annie and Germaine are definetely correct, so you'll get those marks but Billy would be semantic (declarative covers both episodic and semantic, so it's too general)
Reply 339
Original post by dodgewc25
How did you do this? Did you take the exam and spend he whole time memorizing the questions or something? I can never remember anything in it from the moment I leave the exam hall!

haha it was a bunch of us from TSM working on that unofficial mark scheme, enjoy it xD. Tell me what u think u got!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending