The Student Room Group

AS AQA Geography GEOG1 17th and GEOG2 20th May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Hello everyone i have i a question about the UMS i got in my GEOG1 exam last year, the unit 1 with AQA. Apparently i got 109 UMS which according to the UMS converter they have on their website, it accounts for 64.5 marks?, I would like to know, how is this possible? Thank you.
Please help! Do we need to know responses for flooding case studies!
Original post by beckyfrance
For ageing, I used UK, and for youthful, I used Uganda.

Thanks soo much!
Reply 264
population - okay so I've revised population but I've revised 3 case studies for population change; Thailand, France and China but do these fit into youthful and ageing populations? and can they be seen as being in different stages of development ?
Original post by jb1997
Hello everyone i have i a question about the UMS i got in my GEOG1 exam last year, the unit 1 with AQA. Apparently i got 109 UMS which according to the UMS converter they have on their website, it accounts for 64.5 marks?, I would like to know, how is this possible? Thank you.

Maybe you got half a mark?

I think that can be awarded.
Original post by GraceEC
population - okay so I've revised population but I've revised 3 case studies for population change; Thailand, France and China but do these fit into youthful and ageing populations? and can they be seen as being in different stages of development ?

no don't think so, youthful and ageing population case studies I've learnt are UK for ageing and Gambia/Uganda for youthful. France and China are case studies relating to population management as in controlling the population (1 child policy)
Original post by GraceEC
My teacher has said that oxbow lakes and deltas are likely to come up in the rivers section, and in coasts possibly an assess question on coastal flooding. But I don't really know if they would be the 15 markers.

Oxbow lakes are not on the specification so it very unlikely
Reply 268
Original post by Peppercrunch
Maybe you got half a mark?

I think that can be awarded.

You think that is possible, it looks so odd for me.
Anyone have any health predictions? I'm assuming Tobacco TNCs is basically guaranteed not to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jb1997
You think that is possible, it looks so odd for me.

Yeah? You could try looking at the mark scheme, or your exam script if you have it. I think it's possible...

Not entirely sure though. Might just be a weird examiner.
Original post by beckyfrance
Please help! Do we need to know responses for flooding case studies!

Hey,
I think we only need to know the causes and impacts
Original post by GraceEC

You don't need in depth examples of youthful/ageing populations if you have studied Thailand/China and France in detail. One of Thailand or China, along with China make up two population management strategies for countries at different stages of development.
Does anyone have any predictions for deserts? I'm really stressing out because our class basically skipped it.
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-2030-W-CSG.PDF
Original post by reyrooch
Hey,
I think we only need to know the causes and impacts

You're right - the case study guidance document details 'Physical and human causes and impacts'.
ii dont think oxbow lakes will come up as meanders did ladt year
also there wil be definetly a table question and a photo question
Any ideas for food supply? Seems to have not been mentioned
hey anyone got a case study for soft engineering ?? using the three gorges dam for hard engineering. Thanks
Original post by ASNinja98
hey anyone got a case study for soft engineering ?? using the three gorges dam for hard engineering. Thanks

Abingdon

Quick Reply

Latest