The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Lol @ Phil Parkinson.

Sheffield Wednesday vs. Hull City.
Millwall vs. Barnsley.

Those are the likely play-off finals in the Championship and League One.
Reply 5681
Hoping for Wednesday, Barnsley and Pompey to go up, although it'd be nice to see Wimbledon promoted as well - theirs is a great story.
Any of the League Two clubs could go up for me, I quite like all of them.

Hoping for Wednesday from the Championship if not Brighton, and Barnsley from League One.
Grimsby have won promotion to the football league, meanwhile it is still 0.0 between Plymouth and Portsmouth.
Newcastle are going to absolutely piss the championship
Dramatic last minute winner for Plymouth sends them to Wembley.
Awesome stuff at Home Park. Absolute scenes at the end there. Good luck, Plymouth. Fair play.
If it had been Villa then they would have said back to the dark and ugly days #FAagainstVilla
Seems strange, and quite unfair, Wimbledon/Accrington don't play until Wednesday. Plymouth will bag three days extra rest over them before the final.
What's your predictions for Villa and Newcastle next season?
Original post by Infamous*
What's your predictions for Villa and Newcastle next season?

I think Newcastle will make the play-offs without a doubt and will probably bounce right back up.

Villa I don't think will, probably mid-table.
The Vile will certainly struggle next season, could even do an "us" especially if they appoint an unknown dane!

Newcastle may well dominate it like they did in '09, fancy narrrrrrrrich to go up via the playoffs again!
Villa mid-table, Newcastle champions.

Estatic Argyle Fan here! Can't believe we're going to Wembley!!!
Great scenes at homepark, we deserved the win (though fair play to Pompey)
Que Sera Sera Whatever willl be will be
My the atmosphere at Hillsborough was the best i've ever seen (some say the best since we played Kaiserslautern in the 90s). Alas i'm still bricking tomorrow, credit to Brighton digging in how they did which means they can turn this around still.
Hope whoever goes through tonight beats Hull in the final.
Sounds like it would be great to be at the game tonight. The atmosphere sounds amazing.
Strong start by Brighton surely they can't keep this tempo up.
Insane start from Brighton, Wednesday have got to keep this at 1 till the break.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Insane start from Brighton, Wednesday have got to keep this at 1 till the break.

Seems they did a bit better than that in the end. It does raise an interesting point about whether being at home in the 2nd leg is an advantage in these situations. Perhaps the choice should be left to the higher placed team, I don't know.

Quick Reply

Latest