The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know what is likely to come up on paper 2 next Monday. Think paper 1 was alright but gutted cos I missed out on easy 6 marks. I messed up on one of the four markers I left it blank can't remember the exact question it was the one before the self report question and I got 2 out of 4 for the shading boxes question - Cognitive Interview and Romanian Orphans. I messed up on Asch's question omd I'm so dumb :frown: :frown: :frown:
Original post by dodgewc25
How did you do this? Did you take the exam and spend he whole time memorizing the questions or something? I can never remember anything in it from the moment I leave the exam hall!

Many people could edit the document so it was a team effort from all of TSR to create it!
On the strange situation as evaluation point I wrote about missing the 4th type and cross-cultural differences such as China's secure would be seen as independent and stuff, do you reckon they are creditable points?
Reply 343
Original post by Chloebreenb
On the strange situation as evaluation point I wrote about missing the 4th type and cross-cultural differences such as China's secure would be seen as independent and stuff, do you reckon they are creditable points?

No credible marks. Strange Situation was Mary Ainsworth.
Anyone else here do specification B?

:angelwings:

Original post by anna096
Did anybody else mess up the 6 marker on LTM? I reread the question too many times and changed my answer to link all the types of LTM to one example!! So annoyed!

oh my goddd this is exactly what I did! I was so confused when everyone was saying which type of LTM they put to the people's names....I think we can still get marks for stating the types of LTM though ☺️
Reply 346
Original post by abewally99
oh my goddd this is exactly what I did! I was so confused when everyone was saying which type of LTM they put to the people's names....I think we can still get marks for stating the types of LTM though ☺️

yeah you get three marks for stating all of them. Have you looked at the unofficial mark scheme?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#heading=h.gfn9nqlkeb1b
We just fully updated it. TSR community.
for the mode question i got like 6.4 for the first one and like 7.4 is that right??
for the description of STM I wrote that the duration was 10-15 seconds which is obviously wrong, will they mark me down on this or will they just ignore it?
Reply 349
Original post by Manc123
for the description of STM I wrote that the duration was 10-15 seconds which is obviously wrong, will they mark me down on this or will they just ignore it?

The fact that it isn't a huge range off. I think they may credit that because it is within that 15-30 range. We'll see
Original post by Drunq
yeah you get three marks for stating all of them. Have you looked at the unofficial mark scheme?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#heading=h.gfn9nqlkeb1b
We just fully updated it. TSR community.

Thank-you!!
Reply 351
Original post by maxtheloo
for the mode question i got like 6.4 for the first one and like 7.4 is that right??

no, it is 6 and 7. the unofficial mark scheme is here:
Mode = most common number
Reply 352
Original post by abewally99
Thank-you!!

You're welcome, let us know what you think you got >:smile:
Original post by Emma9991
Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?

We were told there would only be 1 12 markers as well! Compared to the specimen paper, the questions were really difficult and worded really weirdly
Reply 354
Original post by georgiadd
We were told there would only be 1 12 markers as well! Compared to the specimen paper, the questions were really difficult and worded really weirdly

the specification doesn't say anything about the amount of 12 markers. The fact that each section is 24 marks, does it really make a difference?

But I do agree, a 12, 12, 8 markers showed up and punched us in the face!
Original post by Drunq
No credible marks. Strange Situation was Mary Ainsworth.

I know it was Ainsworth and I described the study but I said a limitation was that they missed the 4th type and stuff, definitely not credible?
anyone do the retake paper?
Reply 357
Original post by Chloebreenb
I know it was Ainsworth and I described the study but I said a limitation was that they missed the 4th type and stuff, definitely not credible?

yeah, because the point mentioned isn't relevant to Ainsworth's study. It wouldn't be credible, however you wouldn't be marked down for it either.
If I said John Harlow and Korenz Lorenz will i still get the marks ??!
Reply 359
Original post by maxtheloo
If I said John Harlow and Korenz Lorenz will i still get the marks ??!

Yeah you will get the marks because the last name was Given. It's like saying if you said someones first name only, there would be millions of John's. However using just Harlow narrows it down. Marks will be given ( : congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending