The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology Unit 1 17/05 & Unit 2 23/05 - Official Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm so confused is tomorrow the exam for education and methods and context right? 17th may
And family next week? 24
Original post by goal101
I'm so confused is tomorrow the exam for education and methods and context right? 17th may
And family next week? 24

This is AQA
Original post by goal101
And family next week? 24

Well for AQA it's the opposite way round..
How do you remember which government released which education policies?
Original post by starshine909
Well for AQA it's the opposite way round..

No?

New Spec AS education and research methods in context is tomorrow.

Re-takers should keep in mind that this is an AS exam thread, and most people are therefore taking the new specification, as the dates seem to be creating a lot of confusion.
I am a bit confused with Michaels' response on doing the AQA unit 1 paper today, is that for AS/A2 or what... thought the exam for Education and methods in context was tomorrow for everyone doing Sociology AS for new spec.
Does anyone know any good revision websites or videos for the AQA AS level paper one and two?
Original post by Leahlind
I am a bit confused with Michaels' response on doing the AQA unit 1 paper today, is that for AS/A2 or what... thought the exam for Education and methods in context was tomorrow for everyone doing Sociology AS for new spec.

It's because silly re-takers are for some reason assuming everyone else in here is also re-taking.

What's up with that guys?
any predictions for tomorrows education paper???
Original post by popcornjpg
It's because silly re-takers are for some reason assuming everyone else in here is also re-taking.

What's up with that guys?

Errrm, well the person that created this whole thread is also retaking....
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jonnyboy777
any predictions for tomorrows education paper???

Think the 20 marker will be class differences wither internal or external as if they are being nice the this is the only main topic that has not come up in the specimen papers. This is what my teacher thinks anyway
Is anyone doing scly1 families and households????

Any predictions????
Reply 412
Original post by starshine909
Looks like family diversity is gonna come up-_-yuck

How do you know?
Original post by xxvine
How do you know?

Most people are predicting it! Hoping it doesnt come up tho!
Just to confirm tomorrow paper 1- is Education and next tuesday is paper 2- Families.
for over 20 years paper 1 was families and paper 2 was education. this has caused much confusion with our entire class learning just 2 hours ago that our tutor in error has advised us incorrectly. lots of panicking +++
Good luck everyone!
Hope the AS paper tomorrow is similar to the specimen, theres too much to remember :afraid:
***for the repeaters*** any predictions for unit 1 family & households? 2016 17th May!
Original post by 10studentlife
Please can someone help me out with essay structure for all sides of the course, I haven't been taught it and I have no idea, would really appreciate the help :smile:

I'm not sure if you're doing the old or new spec but for the old spec (24 marker) this is how it should be set out

Intro

Ao1
Point
Explain
Evidence
Analysis (we learnt this in a2 completely up to you if you want to put it in but leaving it out won't Make a difference)
Evaluation
Link

Ao2

Then repeat this 2-3 times and you should have 3/4 ao1 and 3/4 ao2 paragraphs

Conclusion
Original post by Aziza1999
Just to confirm tomorrow paper 1- is Education and next tuesday is paper 2- Families.
for over 20 years paper 1 was families and paper 2 was education. this has caused much confusion with our entire class learning just 2 hours ago that our tutor in error has advised us incorrectly. lots of panicking +++

lol ikr that was the same case with our class = class weren't at all happy :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending