The Student Room Group

Aqa gcse geography

Hello fellow geographers,
I currently study GCSE geography and got an A in my CAU a few marks of A* and was wondering is it still possible for me to get an A* in the final grade. If so, what would i need to achieve in the exams to get an A* -as i really want the A* in geography.
Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Hey,

There is still a good chance of getting A* overall if (I Think) you get an A* on both of your papers and also depending on the grade boundaries. Lower grade boundaries= high chance of A*, high grade boundaries = less chance of a A*
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous619
Hey,

There is still a good chance of getting A* overall if (I Think) you get an A* on both of your papers and also depending on the grade boundaries. Lower grade boundaries= high chance of A*, high grade boundaries = less chance of a A*

Lets hope for some 8/11 mark questions i'm strong on then :biggrin:
I'm not sitting the Geography exam this year, I sat it last year and only got a C. I did very well in my other exams but I hated Geography is was dry and boring, also we had a teacher fresh from university who could not teach.

Anyway good luck with your exam!
Reply 4
I'm not sitting the Geography exam this year, I sat it last year and only got a C. I did very well in my other exams but I hated Geography is was dry and boring, also we had a teacher fresh from university who could not teach.

Anyway good luck with your exam!

Thanks man. I admit the 2015 human paper caught me out got a B+ as a failed the 6 marker on development gap and knew nothing of the "kyoto protocol" as i was ill the day it was taught. Hopefully though i do good in Geography though i quite like the subject as it reminds me of science in a way.
Ye, the physical paper I was good.

How's your revision going and when is the exam?
Hiya,
If your doing AQA A the average grade boundaries are-
Physical-65%=A*
Human-77%=A*
if you get A in your course work it is still very possible of getting your A* overall as if you get a 90% in physical and 80% in human and A in course work that will be and A* with 70% in both papers and course work at high A would be an A overall.
Hope this helps.
Reply 7
Ye, the physical paper I was good.

How's your revision going and when is the exam?

Same physical went well in mock anyway- got a high A.( No idea how ,i didn't revise at all lol)
As far as this years exams go its next week physical and another 2 weeks for human, revisions been fine i suppose maybe need to work on formations questions. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by j.bolding2
Hiya,
If your doing AQA A the average grade boundaries are-
Physical-65%=A*
Human-77%=A*
if you get A in your course work it is still very possible of getting your A* overall as if you get a 90% in physical and 80% in human and A in course work that will be and A* with 70% in both papers and course work at high A would be an A overall.
Hope this helps.

Yeah thanks for the reply. It all depends on the paper really hopefully all goes well.

Quick Reply

Latest