The Student Room Group

A-level courses.

I'm going college soon, and I picked Chemistry, Biology, and Maths, but I'm changing it to Law. Do you guys think that is do-able? Just general thoughts please guys :]] Ty for your support!
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
I'm going college soon, and I picked Chemistry, Biology, and Maths, but I'm changing it to Law. Do you guys think that is do-able? Just general thoughts please guys :]] Ty for your support!

Changing Maths for Law? :smile: of course, what do you want to go on to do? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
Changing Maths for Law? :smile: of course, what do you want to go on to do? :smile:

Well, I want to go into medicine, but I cant do GCSE maths so like A-level is a no go :biggrin: & I was thinking that even if I can't get into medicine, I have law as a kind of back-up?
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Well, I want to go into medicine, but I cant do GCSE maths so like A-level is a no go :biggrin: & I was thinking that even if I can't get into medicine, I have law as a kind of back-up?

Generally you need Chemistry and then one of Physics, Maths or Biology, so they should be fine as long as you do very well at the science subjects. However, if you can't do GCSE maths, then you might find a lot of the skills you'd need in Medicine very difficult. I get the feeling that you're basing your choice of degree more on the prestige of the subject rather than your skills and enjoyments, as Medicine and Law are very different areas. Maybe have a look on the Medicine and Law forums and ask some questions about what the courses involve and how suited you'd be :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbread101
Generally you need Chemistry and then one of Physics, Maths or Biology, so they should be fine as long as you do very well at the science subjects. However, if you can't do GCSE maths, then you might find a lot of the skills you'd need in Medicine very difficult. I get the feeling that you're basing your choice of degree more on the prestige of the subject rather than your skills and enjoyments, as Medicine and Law are very different areas. Maybe have a look on the Medicine and Law forums and ask some questions about what the courses involve and how suited you'd be :h:

Thank You. well I am alright at maths and im in top set for science, I really enjoy learning about citizenship and politics, and I'm quite strong in my english-based subjects so I'm in the middle :biggrin: But thank you for the advice! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest