The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloebreenb
I know it was Ainsworth and I described the study but I said a limitation was that they missed the 4th type and stuff, definitely not credible?

I'm no expert but that should work because you're saying the fact there is a 4th type means we cannot be sure the strange situation is the best way for classifying attachment types
Original post by georgiadd
I'm no expert but that should work because you're saying the fact there is a 4th type means we cannot be sure the strange situation is the best way for classifying attachment types

Yeah that's what I thought because the question said 'as a way of classifying attachment' so j said that you couldn't use the strange situation alone
Original post by Chloebreenb
I know it was Ainsworth and I described the study but I said a limitation was that they missed the 4th type and stuff, definitely not credible?

this is credible saying that the disorganised type wasn't included, its in the textbooks and its what i wrote so i think you will have got some marks!!
Original post by maxtheloo
for the mode question i got like 6.4 for the first one and like 7.4 is that right??

mode is just the most common so it was 6 and 7
Original post by vezuxiii
Hello I'd agree that the working memory question was way to vague however I wrote in detail about the working memory model. Furthermore the question about asch line study findings and variations does anyone remember in detail the exact question?

I think it was something along the lines of "Outline the findings of Asch's study in relation to two variables affecting conformity" and then something like "outline two limitations of Asch's study". Hope that helps :smile:
for the strange situation 12 marker i wrote that the van ijzendoorn study used it, explained like what they did and then evaluated that too instead of using the actual study in the evaluation of SS, will this be credited? This is as well as outlining and evaluating the strange situation
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Emma9991
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd see what people thought of today's AQA As psychology exam? I thought the 12markers were worded a bit funny...anyone else?

Help work on the unofficial mark scheme here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#heading=h.gfn9nqlkeb1b

I thought the only decent q's were on WMM and Strange Situation. Nothing on obedience/conformity study. Well, nothing related to the procedures was asked of. It was a strange, unpredictable paper. Absolutely messed up the 2 research methods q's, one was on Self-Report. Did anyone get that, what was it?
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd see what people thought of today's AQA As psychology exam? I thought the 12markers were worded a bit funny...anyone else?

Help work on the unofficial mark scheme here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Rrt2HqUeC1J-vqARIaUC4wdiucHdvnWouza-4uY3FUc/edit#heading=h.gfn9nqlkeb1b

where did you manage to get this from?
What do you you think the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
WTH was up with those 12 markers. i so badly wanted the 12 marker to be in the social influence section. and the 12 markers were messed up. something about the working memory. i started talking about both MSM and WMM cuz i didnt know which one to talk about as it only said working memory and not working memory model. I hope my examiner is generous
Original post by hashman
mode is just the most common so it was 6 and 7

even I got that at first then I remembered mode is most common
Original post by Drunq
yeah, because the point mentioned isn't relevant to Ainsworth's study. It wouldn't be credible, however you wouldn't be marked down for it either.

It is relevant, it's one of the main evaluation points

Posted from TSR Mobile
what im so confused right now in the mark scheme there is this question https://gyazo.com/44890c172a91cb2b25abf893706a7ea1
the only thing is i dont remember it being there in the paper ??? am i wrong ...did i just miss a question
Original post by Synonym
what im so confused right now in the mark scheme there is this question https://gyazo.com/44890c172a91cb2b25abf893706a7ea1
the only thing is i dont remember it being there in the paper ??? am i wrong ...did i just miss a question

yeah you missed a question :frown:
Original post by mali473
What do you you think the grade boundaries will be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was speaking to two of the psychology tutors after the exam and they were saying that if the other paper is just as easy then the grade boundaries will be high, but if the other one levels out they will be average so around 80% to get a pass.
Original post by Synonym

It's a multiple choice question. If you can't remember it, you probably missed it. It's only 2 marks tho so don't sweat
Original post by sophieee0933

damn cant believe it...how did i not see that 2 mark question.. my whole life is blowing up right now....what is life....what is the purpose of life....

(its not that deep but still pissed)
Original post by IWishIWasAWizard
I was speaking to two of the psychology tutors after the exam and they were saying that if the other paper is just as easy then the grade boundaries will be high, but if the other one levels out they will be average so around 80% to get a pass.

It's highly unlikely you'd need 80% for an A, never mind a pass. Many people messed up due to the wording of the questions, e.g on Working Memory 12 marker, Q1, the 6 marker on LTM, and the question about self study, so the paper was by no means 'easy'.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sophieee0933

ohhh shittttt nevermind i just remembered i did answer that question damn my memory sucks ohhhh my goddd its all good
Hey guys,

Original post by Whatwhy
First of all I was shocked that there was 2 12 markers anyway, and an 8 marker. That within itself is like 40% of your grade! And I'm so disheartened by the working model of memory one, I have no idea why but I started talking about the cognitive interview for that. So upset because it was 12 marks too :frown: how about you?

Original post by electrahearts
For working memory I put about WMM and Baddeley's dual task study - it did say 'theories' so the model is surely relevant? Also I made a stupid mistake because I thought 'reliability' was a minority influence factor :s-smilie:

Thought this was funny check it out lol.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=64859655&highlight=

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending