The Student Room Group

Edexcel French- 17th !!!

How is everyone feeling about the GCSE French exams tomorrow?
I am NOT confident in the listening but hoping for an over all A maybe A*.

Scroll to see replies

it depends, some past papers are really easy and then some are just pure evil:angry:. I pray we have an easy paper but probably not as we are the last year
I've been so calm past the few days but I'm starting to feel nervous which is bad because that can mess you up in the listening exam. Aiming for an a* as well so I'm hoping it's not too hard.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by aggressively
it depends, some past papers are really easy and then some are just pure evil:angry:. I pray we have an easy paper but probably not as we are the last year

But then again- harder paper= lower grade boundaries? What are you expecting to get?
Reply 4
From the listening I just hope the last question is manageable and not have obscure answers. Likewise with the last question on the reading paper
Reply 5
Original post by MattB_
From the listening I just hope the last question is manageable and not have obscure answers. Likewise with the last question on the reading paper

I find the ones which ask the question in French practically impossible!
I hate, DESPISE of the 2015 series French papers by Edexcel. My coursework is all okay, at least C's and above. However due to how hard the 2015 papers were (I got U and U the first time around, many people did in my class also, I got decent C's or B's up until that point) I and my teacher have decided it would be best for me to sit both foundation papers tomorrow, which to be honest I'm fine with. French isn't a big subject for me and I would be happy with a C or upwards.
I'm predicted an A grade but question 8 on the reading always gets to me and I practically get no marks on that section .. so I don't know anymore. Good luck though, I wish you guys all the best!:smile:
Reply 8
Original post by AsiyaAden9879
I've been so calm past the few days but I'm starting to feel nervous which is bad because that can mess you up in the listening exam. Aiming for an a* as well so I'm hoping it's not too hard.GOOD LUCK EVERYONE:smile:

Good luck to you too :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by TurquoiseSkai
I hate, DESPISE of the 2015 series French papers by Edexcel. My coursework is all okay, at least C's and above. However due to how hard the 2015 papers were (I got U and U the first time around, many people did in my class also, I got decent C's or B's up until that point) I and my teacher have decided it would be best for me to sit both foundation papers tomorrow, which to be honest I'm fine with. French isn't a big subject for me and I would be happy with a C or upwards.

Isn't the best you can get a C in foundation? I don't think I could limit myself to that and to be fair, I find foundation just as hard as higher.
Reply 10
Original post by aggressively
I'm predicted an A grade but question 8 on the reading always gets to me and I practically get no marks on that section .. so I don't know anymore. Good luck though, I wish you guys all the best!:smile:

Good luck:smile:
Original post by eviemason
Isn't the best you can get a C in foundation? I don't think I could limit myself to that and to be fair, I find foundation just as hard as higher.

It is, however I have found that 95% of the time I hit C's without fail on foundation tier French papers. You can only get a C on the exam but on the overall subject grade you can get any grade, providing your coursework is good enough to support you in that.
Reply 12
It is, however I have found that 95% of the time I hit C's without fail on foundation tier French papers. You can only get a C on the exam but on the overall subject grade you can get any grade, providing your coursework is good enough to support you in that.

Well I hope you get the grade you want, all the best :smile:
Good luck everyone! I have my French paper tomorrow too! Hopefully I will get an A!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eviemason
Well I hope you get the grade you want, all the best :smile:

Thanks, you too.
I'm more concerned for my science grades, considering it's something I want to do next year. I need 5 GCSE's A*-C to get into my current school's 6th form. I'm trying my hardest. Performing Arts is also a big part of me, I'm hoping to do that along side of some A-Level's next year.

I'm literally the opposite I found the 2015 papers easy, we done it as mock last week.I'll be so happy if 2016 is like 2015 but then again it gets harder every year. So lool if you found 2015 hard, 2016 might just be worse. Not trying to stress you out or anything.:smile:
I'm literally the opposite I found the 2015 papers easy, we done it as mock last week.I'll be so happy if 2016 is like 2015 but then again it gets harder every year. So lool if you found 2015 hard, 2016 might just be worse. Not trying to stress you out or anything.:smile:
I know LOTS of people who found the 2015 papers hard
Im aiming for an A*.. The past few papers ive been doing ive gotten near full marks, i just hope its the same tomorrow😭
I hate question 8 on the reading! Its always just pure guesses from me

I didnt find 2015 that hard either hehe, but last years year 11s in my school struggled really bad apparently
Yh I found listening paper mock 2015 paper quite hard since there was a lot of trick answers particularly when they said all three options and you have to decide which one is correct

Quick Reply

Latest