The Student Room Group

SFE grasping for opportunities not to give money.

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by 28657
I have received letters asking me to prove my residence for the last 3 years, and so I did by sending genuine documents proving my address history for the last 3 years ( a single address in the UK). Now, I have received a confirmation that I am seen as an EU student and not entitled to the maintenance loan therefrom, with no reasons given. Why might this be so?

What reasons did SF give for rejecting your evidence? You will only find out if you ask them. We can only guess. My guess is that you have just submitted the wrong type of documents - having been in the UK for over 5 years, you will have plenty of alternatives available to you.

It's really just a matter of clarifying what SF want (call them and get them to tell you specifically) and sending them that. They can reassess you if you have more suitable documents.

No need to start an internet crusade - just focus on resolving the issue you have and don't get distracted.
(edited 7 years ago)
It has to be for 5 years (or 3 under the old rules) for reasons other than education.
Reply 3
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending