The Student Room Group

Should I take EC? Big hypochondriac but just not sure!

I feel pretty silly asking this, but I think it's probably better to be safe than sorry. I'm 19 and completely new to anything sexual, but on Friday my boyfriend fingered me for the first time. He was naked but hadn't ejaculated or anything, but I'm worried about whether precum would be enough to get me pregnant. I didn't notice any precum and he didn't touch himself apart from guiding my hand to his penis. The fingering only lasted about 5 minutes at most because I was so tense and he said that even 2 fingers was too much for me. I know it seems unlikely, but should I take an EC of some kind before the 5 days are up? I'm definitely a hypochondriac
The chance that you're pregnant from this is basically nil - no semen anywhere near your vagina means it's not going to happen. For extra reassurance, where are you in your cycle?

It does sound as if you're going to be much happier with some form of contraception in place, even if you're not planing to have intercourse any time soon. Have you thought about that yet?
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
The chance that you're pregnant from this is basically nil - no semen anywhere near your vagina means it's not going to happen. For extra reassurance, where are you in your cycle?

It does sound as if you're going to be much happier with some form of contraception in place, even if you're not planing to have intercourse any time soon. Have you thought about that yet?

Thank you for the response! It's a big relief to hear that you don't think so :') So you think that even with the possibility of precum, it's unlikely? Sorry about the paranoia, it's pretty embarrassing, I've been stressing over it all day. In terms of my cycle, I was supposed to start yesterday, but I have the type of period that gets affected by stress a lot and with this and 3 big exams this week, I'm thinking it's bound to be late anyway...hopefully.

I definitely want to look into the pill, however I'm just nervous about the side effects that come with it, and I'd also face a few repercussions if my parents found out. But after being so paranoid about this, I definitely don't think that I could go any further without it!
One of the bits of evidence for precum (which didn't get near you either) being unlikely to get anyone pregnant is that withdrawal done consistently is about as reliable as condoms. Even when it does contain sperm, it tends to be in quantities that would have a man labelled as 'infertile' if it was his semen.

Yep, that's stress for you, but from the due date, you probably ovulated a fortnight ago, so again no chance of pregnancy from what happened.

You have more options than just the pill - for serious 'there is no way I want to get pregnant, I want more reliable than having a sterilisation op', there's the implant, for example.
Reply 4
Original post by unprinted
One of the bits of evidence for precum (which didn't get near you either) being unlikely to get anyone pregnant is that withdrawal done consistently is about as reliable as condoms. Even when it does contain sperm, it tends to be in quantities that would have a man labelled as 'infertile' if it was his semen.

Yep, that's stress for you, but from the due date, you probably ovulated a fortnight ago, so again no chance of pregnancy from what happened.

You have more options than just the pill - for serious 'there is no way I want to get pregnant, I want more reliable than having a sterilisation op', there's the implant, for example.

You've made me feel a whole lot better about this, thank you! And I hadn't even considered the implant actually, I guess I just thought that it wasn't as effective but now that you've mentioned it, I'll check it out! To be honest, I didn't expect to be in this position and otherwise would've tried to be more clued up before putting myself in any risky sitch, sorry I must seem really naive right now :')

But thanks again for the advice, really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest