The Student Room Group

AQA Lit B 1 2016 Resit

Scroll to see replies

Original post by revisionnerd
Hiiii,

I know this is super late to be asking, but are the poems available going to be exactly the same as last years exam, or according to the new specification and anthology?

Thanks so much and good luck

It's the same exam as last year with the same specification but obviously different questions
Original post by videotapes
It's the same exam as last year with the same specification but obviously different questions

Thanks so much.
Original post by borbv
Hi guys!

Could anyone tell me what came up on the exam last year for Keats, Tennyson, Gatsby and The Road? I'm trying to come up with predictions, so I can be better prepared! If anyone else has any predictions as well that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi for predictions for Tennyson I'm guessing most likely it'll be Godiva because that poem hasn't come up since 2009 and all the other poems have been repeated at least once... Don't know predictions for the other texts
I will be doing the great Gatsby for section A and was wondering does anyone have any predictions for it, would truly appreciate it ! :smile:
Original post by peacefully_
Hi for predictions for Tennyson I'm guessing most likely it'll be Godiva because that poem hasn't come up since 2009 and all the other poems have been repeated at least once... Don't know predictions for the other texts

Godiva came up in 2012. Our teacher thinks the first part, part 1 and 2 of Lady of Shallot for Tennyson. Any predictions for Browning?
I'm resitting this exam too! Quite a lot of people from my college are aswell!
(edited 7 years ago)
Predictions for Gatsby or Section B?
Any tips on how to cram-prep Kite Runner and Gatsby for section B?
Reply 49
Hey guys, for those of you who don't know, the June 2015 paper and mark scheme have been released on the AQA website, check it out and make your own predictions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI,

I'm doing Robert Browning and W H Auden for poetry, and am leaning towards choosing to do either of those in section A.

I've looked at the past paper patterns and for Browning's question such as 'How does Browning tell the story in X'...the only poem of his not used before is The Patriot. For Auden, it could be 'As I Walked Out One Evening' or 'James Honeyman', those have not been mentioned in a while.

I'm struggling a bit with what to specifically go over for The kite Runner and what may appear in section b... let me know if any one has any clues.

GOOD LUCK
Original post by revisionnerd
HI,

I'm doing Robert Browning and W H Auden for poetry, and am leaning towards choosing to do either of those in section A.

I've looked at the past paper patterns and for Browning's question such as 'How does Browning tell the story in X'...the only poem of his not used before is The Patriot. For Auden, it could be 'As I Walked Out One Evening' or 'James Honeyman', those have not been mentioned in a while.

I'm struggling a bit with what to specifically go over for The kite Runner and what may appear in section b... let me know if any one has any clues.

GOOD LUCK

Hi, I hope you're well. All of Brownings poems have been used before atleast once. The Patriot was used in June 2010.
Reply 52
Any one doing Of mice and men and Inspector calls?
Original post by redrose*

I think that's GCSE
Original post by chanda01

find key chapters and scenes and and make notes on AO2, AO3 and AO4 around those scenes. for the kite runner, the obvious scenes are the rape of hassan, the fight scene with assef, the kite race, sohrab's attempted suicide and the ending with sohrab. im sure there's other scenes you may want to look at.
Godiva came up in 2012. Our teacher thinks the first part, part 1 and 2 of Lady of Shallot for Tennyson. Any predictions for Browning?

it did? I didnt even realise. :K:

THEMES!

I assume you mean the longer, all-three-texts answer? I've been going over the main themes of Kite Runner, as well as summery plotlines, because I can't keep the events timeline in my head. But the key themes and events are central to the Kite Runner (not doing Gatsby, sorry!)

Also, generally going over literary techniques - suspense, time setting, general setting, nature - the past papers are really helpful for this - and planning a kite runner specific response to them is really helpful, especially for coming up with new ideas and points to keep, fresh in your mind for the exam.

Good luck on Friday!!!
Reply 57
Yes sorry I am a GCSEs student I will sit my GCSEs lit exam next week :smile: need tips on what to do

Yes sorry I am a GCSEs student I will sit my GCSEs lit exam next week :smile: need tips on what to do

i did of mice and men but that was a while ago now. Im sure there should be a gsce english exam thread, u should search for it
Good luck everyone!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending