The Student Room Group

Aqa - education exam on tuesday

Government policies on education policy help please, if anyone has any questions for the exam as well I'll try and help

Scroll to see replies

Im starting to feel like i havent learnt anything, im really starting to stress haha. Do you have an idea of what the questions will be on?
Reply 2
Original post by megangrainger
Im starting to feel like i havent learnt anything, im really starting to stress haha. Do you have an idea of what the questions will be on?

Hey I looked at the examiners reports and past papers and I'm guessing there will be a question on like feminism, Marxism etc.

I've been focusing on learning differences in achievement for CAGE (class, age, gender and ethnicity)
I need to do a bit on government policies cause I think that could come up as well.

Anything you're particularly not feeling that strong on?
Reply 3
Is it likely that ethnicity will come up?
Reply 4
Original post by tamrid
Is it likely that ethnicity will come up?

I think something will come up, maybe not directly but you'll probably have to write it in your answers so that it's more detailed.
Reply 5
What do you think the essay would be on?
I took the education paper last year and one of the 20 mark questions were on government policies on education policy, so its therefore unlikely to come up again this year. So I wouldn't put to much time into it unless it comes up in the six marker.
Reply 7
Original post by Louise12169
I took the education paper last year and one of the 20 mark questions were on government policies on education policy, so its therefore unlikely to come up again this year. So I wouldn't put to much time into it unless it comes up in the six marker.

By Government policies, do you mean marketisation and privatisation policies? E.g Ema, league tables, globalisation etc?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you look at the specimen paper, the 20 mark is on internal factors in education on "social groups" meaning CAGE ( class, age, gender, ethnicity), what does this mean?? Is it likely it's not going to be asked as a 20 mark? What else could b?
Reply 9
I think its either going to be Marxism or ethnicity because those two haven't come up. I hope it's ethnicity because I'm really struggling with Marxism.
I think its either going to be Marxism or ethnicity because those two haven't come up. I hope it's ethnicity because I'm really struggling with Marxism.

-- oh wow! I'm he complete opposite, I'm struggiling with ethnicity :frown: I'm quite confident about Marxism if I'm honest
gender and social class are most likely 2 come up
Reply 12
Original post by Educateme_

-- oh wow! I'm he complete opposite, I'm struggiling with ethnicity :frown: I'm quite confident about Marxism if I'm honest

https://prezi.com/osa_3oryrsn6
GUYSSS, I'm so confused....let's say gender comes up, do we need to evaluate it with ethnicity?

If so, what if a theory Q comes up? (Like marxism or functionalism) I'm so confused
Reply 14
Original post by djdebs101
gender and social class are most likely 2 come up

It don't think it will be social class because aqa gave an example of that in the new specification paper but it was internal factors so external factors of social class could come up.
Its the first year of this new spec so no one will have a clue of what could be on this years paper
what do you think the methods in context question will be on?
What key points need to be written if globalisation comes up?
Reply 18
Original post by Beccajane1026
What key points need to be written if globalisation comes up?

Globalisation? M8 wrong subject lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
Globalisation? M8 wrong subject lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
considering its on the sociology spec I don't think it is the wrong subject, goodluck HAHAHAHAH

Quick Reply

Latest